Subject: This or the original as a 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sparkle Motion
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the reviews on In Cahoots but I'm still not sure I have an answer on this question:

If I'm only ever going to play EBZ as a 2 player game is it better to get the original or IC?

I like the idea of getting a smaller cheaper version for 2p, but do the issues with IC mean that it is actually a less good 2 player game than the original?

Any thoughts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this yet, (even though I've owned it since it shipped from KS) but the original is VERY brutal as a 2 player game. You sling zombies at each other like it's going out of style.

The thing that I liked about IC is there are cards which allow you to team up and be more interactive. I can't remember if there are any rule changes or if it's just the few cards that make 2 players a bit more interesting.

I lean towards IC because of those cards plus it would be less expensive. You always could buy the full thing and just pretend you have the interactive card. Plus the rules I think are posted so you could make any changes for 2 players.

Just realize this game as a 2 player is very different from 3+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Traded my KS copy away as we didn't like it, there are far better two player games about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Luxmoore
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_Sparkle_ wrote:
I've read the reviews on In Cahoots but I'm still not sure I have an answer on this question:

If I'm only ever going to play EBZ as a 2 player game is it better to get the original or IC?

I like the idea of getting a smaller cheaper version for 2p, but do the issues with IC mean that it is actually a less good 2 player game than the original?

Any thoughts anyone?

I predominantly played the original EBZ 2 player and love the game. IC added some nice ideas but they felt like additions (albeit mostly good ones) - so I am not sure how it would feel if that was my first encounter. However I can say the original plays perfectly well 2 players, you get more variety in everything (except zombie types) and you get the bonus of playing more than two players as well if you ever wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.