Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Veenvliet
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hey everyone, a couple of questions based on my first game of Pixel Tactics 2 last night (was good fun btw).

1) Is there a difference between "defeat" and "destroy" abilities? For example, the Operative and Sniper flank attacks allow them to destroy others (I assume this means flip to corpse immediately, not waiting for casualty checks). Others like the Relic Hunter Vanguard ability protects him and other Vanguard Heroes from "defeat" abilities. So if defeat and destroy have the same effect, are they synonymous so that the Relic Hunter is also protected from destroy abilities?

2) Sarafina Vanedran's ability is "Whenever an opponent would choose a target for an order or attack power, you may choose that target insteadfrom among legal targets within the unit of his choice." A situation came up where my opponent played the Sniper order ("Give a hero +2 Attack Strength and Ranged attack during this wave) and tried to target his flank hero (we were in the flank wave), I then used my Sarafina's ability to change his target to his Vanguard Hero, thus not being able to attack that wave (then the effect expired). He protested saying my leader's ability was just for when my heros were targeted, but I read the leader ability to apply for either units.

Any help (official or opinion) is appreciated!

IceWeasel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opinion:

1) I don't know of any distinction; I would treat them as being synonymous (including that the Relic Hunter protects against "destroy").

2) I agree with you, given the wording. I haven't played with Sarafina so I don't know if that's unbalancing (it seems like it would affect a huge number of orders).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Veenvliet
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Received a reply to my tweet to the game creators. They confirmed destroy and defeat abilities are the same, and that Sarafina allows for the player to choose every target, the opponent just gets to choose which unit the target comes from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls