Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played some 2 player games with my wife today and we stumbled upon a weird situation:

We played for the starting 6. She laid down a "1", I laid down a "2", so I got the 6. So far, so good.

Then came the 10. We both laid down the "15". In case of a tie a new card is added to the pile. It was a 9. We both laid down the "14". Another tie, another card. It was the 7, and we both laid down the "13".

You can imagine what happened next, we both laid down the same cards until she laid down a "2" and I had to lay down the "1". So she won the whole game in 1 single shootout with the remaining 14 cards after the starting round.

That felt a little strange and anti-climatic. Of course the player who doesn't have the chance to win the cards in the middle (me, cause I already laid down the 2 a turn before) could just back out of the situation, but I realized my predefined losers-position too late.

Did someone of you had a similar situation with 2p Raj? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had report of a game played on Boardspace where the entire deck was played with no winning cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a "Two-Player Version" printed in the rules of the Winning Moves edition that will probably ameliorate such a potential situation:

"Each player shuffles his deck of fifteen cards and, without looking at them, sets three of the cards aside. Likewise, three tiles are removed without looking at them. Play only with these 12 cards - thus, neither player is sure which cards the opponent has, nor which tiles have been removed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.