Popular Tags: [View All]
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: Volcano fanMicrobadge: GeekModderMicrobadge: Gold game player. At least 5,000 logged game plays!
I've been playing Caldera with three trios each in 8 colors (plus black caps), rather than six each in 4, and I really like it. I think it will also support the three-player game much better. It encourages more defensive play because of the relative scarcity of pyramids, and trees are harder to build anyway, so games run a little longer.

It just takes three Xeno stashes on top of three Rainbow stashes to pull this off. Has anyone else here tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have, but using 4 nests x 9 colors on a mega volcano board (6x6). It was very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: Volcano fanMicrobadge: GeekModderMicrobadge: Gold game player. At least 5,000 logged game plays!
Aha, so caldera-less Caldera, then? I.e. no empty spot in the middle? I can see four trios each of nine colors being a similar target ratio to three of eight.

Edited to add: I just realized I could do a 7x7 board, with a cross-shaped caldera of five spaces, and four trios each of 11 colors! It would require using white pyramids, which is a little dicey, and electric yellow. I'll probably give it a go.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
What you mention is this: http://www.icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Supercalif...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Not exactly. But thanks for the reminder! I've just added Supercalifragilisticaldera to that page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls