Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an order for the base with 1st 3 expansions and I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the expansions with similar characters just re-colors or do they actually have different powers? If they are the same expansion 3 seems like a waste if I'm not trying to field multiples of the same figure (which I'm not going to do).

2. One of the figures was broken off the base when I received it. I've seen some of the posts about the company's customer service. Am I better off just contacting the store I bought the game from?

Thanks for the insight and help.

-Shieldwolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick fast reply is that all the figures are different figures, and as such play differently, so if you are looking to add replayability, then you should pick it up.

As for broken figure, I'd try contacting JAG about a replacement. Because their customer service is actually rather good, its just that there is a VERY VOCAL minority that seems will do anything in their power to discredit JAG. Just be a normal person politely stating the problem you encountered, and you should get a replacement in a few weeks.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
shieldwolf wrote:
I received an order for the base with 1st 3 expansions and I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the expansions with similar characters just re-colors or do they actually have different powers? If they are the same expansion 3 seems like a waste if I'm not trying to field multiples of the same figure (which I'm not going to do).

2. One of the figures was broken off the base when I received it. I've seen some of the posts about the company's customer service. Am I better off just contacting the store I bought the game from?

-Shieldwolf
I'm pretty sure 1-4 don't have dupes from the base game. If a model looks similar but a different color, its a different character. Expansion 5 starts the duplicates, but its okay because you can have multiple of any champion that isn't unique (name printed in gold on their card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tessmann
United States
Woodstock
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

1. Are the expansions with similar characters just re-colors or do they actually have different powers? If they are the same expansion 3 seems like a waste if I'm not trying to field multiples of the same figure (which I'm not going to do). For example, the different colored knights each have different abilities and characteristics.

-Shieldwolf
I'm pretty sure 1-4 don't have dupes from the base game. If a model looks similar but a different color, its a different character. Expansion 5 starts the duplicates, but its okay because you can have multiple of any champion that isn't unique (name printed in gold on their card).
1-4 do not have dupes from the base game - I just checked this morning after noticing 5 and 6 do (presumably so you can run multiples of the "common" characters). If it's a different color, it plays differently - for example, the different colored knights each have different abilities and characteristics.

As for the character being broken off the base, I had one that came like that, but I noticed they were simple peg-in-base type figures, and just superglued it back in. Good as new!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recolors are all different units with different skills, but some of them carry the same theme. For example, the fairies are all support characters, having one of the most flexible heals in the game. The only difference is the strength of their heals as well as action costs and their levels.

Flip it around, the knights, though recolors of each other, vary a bit from each other (blue I think heals, red is total offensive, etc.), but they all share the common theme of boosting the dark knight.

+1 to JAG, they're pretty good with their customer service. Just give them a little time, Erica is the only one dealing with all the problems coming in by that channel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is Expansion 2 worthless to me?
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Recolors are all different units with different skills, but some of them carry the same theme. For example, the fairies are all support characters, having one of the most flexible heals in the game. The only difference is the strength of their heals as well as action costs and their levels.

Flip it around, the knights, though recolors of each other, vary a bit from each other (blue I think heals, red is total offensive, etc.), but they all share the common theme of boosting the dark knight.

+1 to JAG, they're pretty good with their customer service. Just give them a little time, Erica is the only one dealing with all the problems coming in by that channel.
My Goof! I've been saying 3 when I meant 2.

As long as the powers are different great, otherwise expansion 2 is just recolors of characters found in base game and expansion 1 and 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
shieldwolf wrote:
NeoGenesisX wrote:

My Goof:

As long as the powers are different great, otherwise expansion 2 is just recolors of characters found in base game and expansion 1 and 3.
As stated before - expansions 1 - 4 do NOT contain duplicates. 5 & 6 do and I imagine 7 and 8 will also but they have not been released yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amauri Silva Lima Filho
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

As stated before - expansions 1 - 4 do NOT contain duplicates. 5 & 6 do and I imagine 7 and 8 will also but they have not been released yet.
This is correct. The core have only 2 exclusive minis (The Queen and The King). All other minis will have duplicates in expansions.

Source: answers in kickstarter page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have got one broken off the base in the base box. I have just glue it. It took 5 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls