Subject: Ship Base Dimensions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious about the dimensions of the ship bases . . . anyone know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I like where I think you're headed with this ... I want to know the answer on this one as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answedr found in this recent thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1041755/card-sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Microbadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: BMW fanMicrobadge: Bourbon drinkerMicrobadge: Cleveland Indians fanMicrobadge: I Hate Winter
Cards are 50mm by 75mm ... Not sure about the base size, but can't be much different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand things, they are the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Saw the thread, read it, posted to it, but wasn't sure that the bases and cards were the same. I'll take it that they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is one of the "features" of this game system - the cards can act like the playing pieces. The miniatures on their stands are generally just a visual treat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So by my calculations the bases are roughly 2" x 3" in size.

I'm thinking about buying a hex-grided map to use the miniatures with other game systems. It looks like the gamemats Ares will be releasing will not have any hex grid to speak of (one of the reasons I wanted them).

I'm presuming 2" hexes would be the way to go. 1.5" hexes would not be wide enough to accommodate the bases.

Thanks for all the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Microbadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: BMW fanMicrobadge: Bourbon drinkerMicrobadge: Cleveland Indians fanMicrobadge: I Hate Winter
cmontgo2 wrote:
So by my calculations the bases are roughly 2" x 3" in size.

I'm thinking about buying a hex-grided map to use the miniatures with other game systems. It looks like the gamemats Ares will be releasing will not have any hex grid to speak of (one of the reasons I wanted them).

I'm presuming 2" hexes would be the way to go. 1.5" hexes would not be wide enough to accommodate the bases.

Thanks for all the responses!
Yep...just under 2 inches by 3 inches

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Maiorana
Italy
Viareggio
Lucca
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Funkenschlag fanMicrobadge: Ares Games fanMicrobadge: Silver Board Game Collector
The base is 50x75 mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls