Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit I have had a hard time learning this game. I play tons of minis games and wargames, so the genre and concepts are well known to me, but I still struggled with grasping the sequence of play and powers in this game. The rulebook's division into tutorial and full game sections muddies the water for me and makes things difficult to find.

So any chance someone knows of, has made or is working on a reference sheet and rules summary for posting here???

I think a simple rules reference sheet would help.

BTW, two immediate questions:

1. What is the steals health power? What does it mean?

2. What good is the lethal trap? It seems like it would only serve to discourage someone from moving into that one space. It looks like you can't cast it on someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
I must admit I have had a hard time learning this game. I play tons of minis games and wargames, so the genre and concepts are well known to me, but I still struggled with grasping the sequence of play and powers in this game. The rulebook's division into tutorial and full game sections muddies the water for me and makes things difficult to find.

So any chance someone knows of, has made or is working on a reference sheet and rules summary for posting here???

I think a simple rules reference sheet would help.

BTW, two immediate questions:

1. What is the steals health power? What does it mean?

2. What good is the lethal trap? It seems like it would only serve to discourage someone from moving into that one space. It looks like you can't cast it on someone.
Actually playing through the tutorial (I played both sides) helped my understanding immensely. Also playing a few games online will get you caught up on the rules quickly. Don't be afraid to get smacked by more experienced players online, especially when you're just learning. Take special note to see what your opponents are doing.

I think the summary page at the end of the rulebook is also very handy. Sorry I can't recommend any fan-made and in-English rules summary yet.

1. Page 25 of the rulebook: "Steals health: once you've inflicted injuries with this spell (step 5 of spell casting), the caster removes the same number of injury markers from their character card as were inflicted on the target."

2. There are a number of spells that can push characters. Fraktor, in particular has Fear which can push a Krosmaster one space for only one AP. He has a total of 7 AP. A best case scenario is if someone ends their turn at a square diagonal from Fraktor, he can drop a trap adjacent to that someone for 6 AP, move 3 spaces to get behind (Fraktor has Dodge to help him with getting out of Locks), and then Fear them into the trap for mega damage with his remaining one AP. Or other characters such as Srammy, Maskun Jon, Kassius Kaos, Luk Ylook, etc. can push someone into the trap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Steal Health-pg 25- the caster removes the same number of injury markers from their character card as were inflicted on the target.

2) You can use abilities that move characters to push someone into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you! Very helpful suggestions and answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
Thanks to both of you! Very helpful suggestions and answers.
Is the amount gained on steals life the amount inflicted before or after armor roll deduction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fargo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steals life allows you to remove damage tokens equal to the damage tokens placed on the other krosmaster/mob. This means it is the total after all critical and armor rolls and after any elemental resistance kicks in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One caveat with Steal Health is that you can only heal what you inflict. Page 24 of the rulebook states "a character can never have more Injury markers than they have HP." So if, for example, Oscar Cass rolls 2 crits and deals 3 injuries to someone with 8 HP and 7 injuries, he would only be able to heal 1 injury from himself with Steal Health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls