Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corporate War reads as follows:

"If you have at least 7 [Credits] when you score Corporate War, gain 7 [Credits]; otherwise, lose all credits in your credit pool."

I'm a little confused about what "otherwise" means. Does it just mean if you score it without 7 credits, you lose all of your credits? Or does it also mean if the Runner scores it?

I'm guessing it's the former only because because it says "when YOU score Corporate War", but just wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diesel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your interpretation is correct. Any text that says "you" on a corp card is referring to the corp player. If you [the corp player] have fewer than 7 credits when you score it, you lose all of your credits.

If the runner scores it, nothing happens to the corp player's credit pool.

Edit: Similarly, any agenda that doesn't specifically refer to the runner is simply scored by the runner, with no further effect. The runner is not able to trigger the ability on Accelerated Beta Test when stolen, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
One important terminology thing to remember is that corp players "score" agendas, but runner players "steal" them. That distinction doesn't come up often, but whenever you see a "when you score" effect, that can only ever be triggered by the corp. If you see "when you steal" or "if it is stolen" effect, that only happens if the runner gets it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just wanted to be clear. I may pick this up this weekend, seeing as I haven't bought a Data Pack in a while.

And Thomas, that probably explains why the Jinteki Core ID says: "Whenever an agenda is scored OR stolen, do 1 net damage." Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't noticed that distinction before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls