Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Bowers
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question arose from my last play. Simply put, does a destroyed minion have to be in play? Some cards specify that the minion has to be at the base where the ability is happening, but some just say detroy a minion. Particularly if it targets yourself, can you destroy a minion in hand instead of one you have in play.

The specific instance that this occurred was that I played a card from the new Elder Thing faction that made everyone reveal their hand and if the had a madness card then they had to destroy one of their own minions. Each player chose to destroy a minion from their hand which I didn't think was right, but could not find it in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a minion if it's in your hand. It's just a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately "Destroy" is not defined in the rules, but we do know that it means to remove a card that is in play and place it in the discard pile. If a card not in play goes to the discard pile, "Discard" is used instead.

The phrase "a minion" can be used to refer to a minion card in your hand (Probe), deck (Sprout) or discard pile(Grave Digger). But in each case it says so. If you just see "a minion" with no other description, it means a minion in play -- but it can be any minion in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls