Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, James, Gareth (II, although as Gareth I has been absent for so long maybe we ought to promote him), Sean and Amanda launched into this classic auction game, which Sean had never played before.

The first epoch saw Amanda buy a tonne of Niles and a Flood to accompany them, along with a few Monuments- but nothing else. Meanwhile I picked up 5 Pharaohs, a Civilisation tile, and a Nile/Flood pair. James, Gareth and Sean collected some Monuments and some Pharaohs and the occasional civ tile- James also picked up a couple of Gold tiles. The round ended with Sean's 16 unplayed.

The second epoch saw Amanda add more Niles and 2 Floods, only to take one for the team by buying the flood disaster with a lot of other juicy stuff. So she didn't score here Niles. I picked up another Pharaoh, a Monument or two and a Civlisation tile with my rather low suns- Sean disliked my tactic of calling RA repeatedly... Gareth was rivalling Amanda for Niles and all players except me picked up several Monuments. James and Amanda tied for least Pharaohs. The epoch ended with Gareth on his own trying to build up a good set of tiles but being foiled by Ra.

In the third Epoch Amanda and Gareth were able to score their floods, while James equalled my Pharaoh count. There were some good Monument Scores by Amanda, James and Sean. As well as 4 Civ tiles of different colours I was able to accumulate the highest total suns, with Sean and Amanda tied for least. Again the turn ended with Gareth on his own though this time he sensibly took a 3 tile set rather than push his luck.

Philip 50 Amanda 34 James 31 Sean 29 Gareth 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls