Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BGG» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Any clubs or people playing board games in the Bradford/Leeds area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hayden
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

My wife and I have just dipped our toes into the board gaming scene by purchasing a few games (Lord of the Rings/WoW board game) and having a weekly board game night with the kids. We would (or at least I would) like some more adult company and would like to try out a wider variety of board games but it can be very difficult finding a group of friends to play games on a regular basis.

So I thought I'd post here and see if there were any groups of gamers looking for one or two new members in the Bradford or Leeds area.

If so, let me know! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hughes
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

There's the Leeds Meeples that sound like a friendly bunch: http://www.leedsmeeples.org.uk/

And if you fancy straying into Huddersfield territory then you are more than welcome to join my game group that meets every second Thursday: https://www.facebook.com/groups/345689185550522/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
We are just trying to set up a group in Harrogate if you are that side of L/B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a well established group that meet in Headingley on Thursday nights.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/259303224108193/

There is also a small but friendly group that has just started in Otley, on Monday nights at the Old Fleece from 6:30pm. It has been running for about a month now. I go to that and you, or anyone, is more than welcome to come along. It is probably a good idea to let
Chris Burgess
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
know that you are coming, so we don't start any big games before everyone is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hayden
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recommendations guys! I've already sent a request to join the Facebook groups mentioned and look forward to attending a game night soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Peachey-Pace
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Useful thread as me and my wife are planning to move back to Leeds soon so hopefully will see some of you at one of these events when we do,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Burgess
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you are coming back to Leeds, Jed - we always need more gamers meeple

You are more than welcome to our weekly Monday gaming night if you do move into the north Leeds area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Young
msg tools
Hi i know i'm a bit late on this post but do you still run the board game night in Otley? if not do you know if there are any game nights near Ilkley as me and my girlfriend are interested in learning / playing a few games.

Many thanks
Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Otley group is still going strong on Monday nights from 6:30pm. We are no longer at the Old Fleece, but have moved to the Yew Tree Inn in Otley.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1037528/otley-gaming-night

Everyone is welcome to come along. You can either bring games with you, or play what someone else brings. There are no shortage of games there. Don't worry if you don't know many games, people are more than happy to teach games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls