Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Amerika» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone played this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I was wondering if anyone who has played this would give a their thoughts or a review. I read that the game was demoed at Gencon. I am interested in this one if they do another kickstarter, but I don't like buying games without reading some kind of review. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
erne81 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone who has played this would give a their thoughts or a review. I read that the game was demoed at Gencon. I am interested in this one if they do another kickstarter, but I don't like buying games without reading some kind of review. Thanks!
I am really interested in the project, sure hope it sees the light of day someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelley
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has been rebooted on Kickstarter here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859357440/amerika-board-...

I too would like some of the folks that played it at GenCon to post here about their experience. It would sure help our campaign! We have made the rules available for download this time from our website. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
Blkstook wrote:
The game has been rebooted on Kickstarter here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859357440/amerika-board-...

I too would like some of the folks that played it at GenCon to post here about their experience. It would sure help our campaign! We have made the rules available for download this time from our website. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.
Hey! Good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Floyd
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I haven't played it either, however from what I can tell it plays very similarly to Axis and Allies, with some really cool tweaks and an awesomely wonderful take on a standard model of play.

If this intrigues you at all, please help us make this game a reality by pledging on Kickstarter. Any little bit counts And you'll make a legion of gamers happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DANNY VILLANUEVA
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I played it at GenCon in 2013. I'm quite surprised that it made it. The rules are very broken. Especially air vs ground units. Save your money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kamp
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by "broken rules"? I like the complixety of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls