LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Is anything gained by the demon player in attacking an exhausted warrior?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhausted warriors have unmodifiable defense of three. This means you'll have an easier time wounding brutes or any warrior equipped with a shield of steel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have a defense of 3, but it is modifiable I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While exhausted, warriors still benefit from special rules and advantage cards, but lose talents and object advantages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Reading your responses, I have a feeling it affects the advanced rules...would that be accurate? I ask because I didn't even know about adding wounds. I thought damage was just lines, which is why I thought attacking an eliminated line was futile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced rules? Attack a line? Huwha? Everything you've asked makes me think you have some fundamental misunderstanding about the combat rules.

You attack a human warrior, not a line. Every hit you do the human must choose an unwounded line and wound it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok easy, easy. It was our first game. I don't have the rules in front of me right now but I remember something about scenarios for advanced players. That's all I was referring to.
And by attacking a line, I am meaning one of the warriors lines.

Anyway, yes, I believe we did make an error (although not a fundamental one as we understood that you need to attack warriors and wound them) and it's this: we wounded the combat line that was currently in use. So am I correct now in thinking that the warrior player can choose any line to wound?

So having made this mistake explains why my original question may have sounded strange.

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for any offence. But you were playing it very wrong, and it wasn't clear until your third post in what way. Glad that's sorted out. I hope you enjoy Claustrophobia, one of the best games ever made IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
So am I correct now in thinking that the warrior player can choose any line to wound?
Yip, this is correct. Although there is one thing I have never bothered to clarify, so I'll jump on the back of your thread and ask;

If you wound the line currently in use are you immediately considered exhausted and therefore have a defense of 3 for any other attacks, or are you only exhausted if you pick a line that is wounded at the start of the Human turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Christie
United Kingdom
Greenhithe
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The below is a quote from the rulebook.

Quote:
If a canceled Line of Action matches the Action Die that the
warrior was given during the Initiative phase, they are not
yet considered to be Exhausted. A warrior is only Exhausted
if they are given an Action Die that matches a previously
canceled Line of Action during the Initiative phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls