Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated: Derare and I just finished the art for Norman Osborn. Any and all constructive criticism is welcomed! The info for Ultron is below.

-----------------------

Mastermind: Ultron
Always Leads: Masters of Evil
Special Rules: This Mastermind cannot be attacked if Ultron [Villain] is in the city. Ultron [Villain] has +2 [Attack] this game. This Mastermind Gets +1 [Attack] each time Ultron [Villain] Escapes.
Master Strike: Put all Ultron [Villain] cards in either the Escape or Victory piles on top of the Villain Deck.
Attack: [10+]

Tactics Card 1 “Virus Detected!”: Put this Tactic into your discard pile. When you draw this card, immediately discard any [Tech] and [Ranged] Heroes in your hand.

Tactics Card 2 “Virus Detected!”: Put this Tactic into your discard pile. When you draw this card, immediately discard any [Tech] and [Stealth] Heroes in your hand.

Tactics Card 3 “Virus Detected!”: Put this Tactic into your discard pile. When you draw this card, immediately discard any [Tech] and [Instinct] Heroes in your hand.

Tactics Card 4 “Virus Detected!”: Put this Tactic into your discard pile. When you draw this card, immediately discard any [Tech] and [Green/Physical] Heroes in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Norman Osborn and Ultron Masterminds
These are delightfully vicious! devil

I might have more to say after trying them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Turning Villains into Masterminds - Norman Osborn and Ultron
Manuel ODonnell wrote:
These are delightfully vicious! devil

I might have more to say after trying them.
Thanks! I really would like to see how they play in other peoples' games. Also, I updated the original post with finished cards for Norman Osborn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, as you can see, the "white box" that the text is written on is solid while in the game it kind of phases out to the sides. This is because I don't have photo shop, just paint.net which, to my knowledge, does not have this ability. I'd really appreciate anyone who wants to help make those changes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you send me a PM with a layered work in progress (or the latest file you're currently working on), I will do this for you if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osborn finished, I'll take care of Ultron later.

[Edit]About Ultron... just had a quick look at how you envisioned him. His main card is hardly different from your Osborn card... There's a nice Ultron MM card out here somewhere (forgot where I found it) that leads Ultron Drone henchmen. All it was missing was tactic cards. I think yours would fit nicely. Let me see what I can do.

I took certain artistic liberties, I hope you don't mind.
I changed some of the wording to make it fit better with the official cards.
I also upped the VP from 5 to 6 as it is a 10+ mastermind, putting it more in the range of the DC masterminds than that of the base game.

Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the Ultron card mentioned in the previous post.
THIS IS NOT MY WORK! This is the child of Shadowclaimer and IronSyndicate.
Original topic: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/906189/custom-masterminds

I used your idea for the tactics and added an extra rule to get rid of it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Z
Spain
Sevilla
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome work!!! congratulations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm late to the party, but these are awesome.

Now, I just need a replacement in Masters of Evil for Ultron. Does anyone have a card made for Radioactive Man or someone like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, only just found these and simply put, they are amazing! Fantastic work by all and thank you for sharing them!

As a huge fan of robots, cyborgs and mechanical beings...Ultron is one of my favourite characters. Because of this I have been thinking about how Ultron is always trying to upgrade himself as well as dispatch Heroes.

So I was thinking about making the Master Strike represent an upgrade cycle of Ultron as well as him taking out Heroes. It enters the city, moves along like a normal Villain and if gets all the way to the end and escapes it upgrades Ultron with say a +1 ATT. The upgrade cycle can be stopped by the Heroes by defeating the Master Strike like a normal Villain but as the game progresses it will get harder to stop, but the Heroes should also be stronger.

The Master Strike enters the city like a normal Villain (pushing others up one city space as normal)
The Hero under the Master Strike is KOd. Each time the Master Strike moves to a new city space it KOs the Hero under it. Heroes can attack the Master Strike like a normal Villain.

Master Strike has the following abilities:

Master Strike has ATT = 3 + the number of Master Strikes out.
Ambush (per city space): KO Hero underneath Master Strike.
Fight: Gain a KO'd Hero equal to or less than the current ATT of the Master Strike.
Escape: Does not trigger a normal escape but stacks next to Ultron to give +1 ATT. Any Bystanders that may be under the Master Strike, go under Ultron.

Ultron's ATT is 10+

For example:
The first Master Strike comes out and has an ATT of 4, enters the first city space, KOs the Hero underneath it. Any subsequent turns, the Master Strike will KO the Hero underneath it. The Heroes can fight it with 4 to stop it. If the Master Strike gets all the way to the end and escapes it just goes next to Ultron and he gets +1 ATT.

Master Strikes will be 4 - 8 ATT and Ultron could be 10 - 15 ATT.
If another Master Strike comes out while one is already in the city, it's ATT is increased by 1 so all "active" Master Strikes are the same ATT.

Heroes should be able to stop the first couple but the later ones with other Villains out as well, may get through, so on average Ultron should be around 12-13 ATT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have play tested the above ^^ several times now and the following works well.

Ultron Mastermind setup:

Always Leads: Ultron Drones
Master Strike: Each player reveals a TECH Hero or gains a wound.
Any defeated Ultron Drone is placed on top of the Villain deck.
Play the Master Strike into the city.
ATT: 10+

Ultron Drone Henchmen setup:
Ambush: Ultron Drone advances one city space.
Fight: KO one of your Heroes.
Escape: Ultron Drone is placed on top of the Villain deck.
ATT: 3

You can make it harder or easier depending on what MM Tactics you use (there are several to choose from all the great ideas already submitted by BGG members

Some other ones to add to keep the upgrade theme:
"Upgrade Resequence"
Play any one defeated Master Strike into the city.

"Expedite Upgrade"
If this is not the final Tactic, this Tactic becomes a Master Strike that takes effect immediately. Then play the top two cards from the Villain deck. (Note: the idea being, the top cards will most likely be Ultron Drones and therefore push the Master Strike up to the Streets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Stephens
Australia
Mt Martha
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I like the idea for Norman Osborn there is a logical problem in his powers and tactics.

His mastermind card states that Norman cannot be attacked if the Green Goblin is in the city while the Advanced Goblin Glider tactic card moves Goblins in the city; but there cannot be any Goblins in the city to be moved since Norman was attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty good except for the Pumpkin Bomb tactic. KOing that many hard-earned heroes sounds too harsh and annoying, plus it's a pumpkin bomb man, not a nuke. Hulk and Thor ain't going down cuz of fruity explosives!

I'd rather it focused on the duality aspect of he's-here-but-now-he's-there.

Reply here if you change it up somehow.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Tyler
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Looks pretty good except for the Pumpkin Bomb tactic. KOing that many hard-earned heroes sounds too harsh and annoying, plus it's a pumpkin bomb man, not a nuke. Hulk and Thor ain't going down cuz of fruity explosives!

I'd rather it focused on the duality aspect of he's-here-but-now-he's-there.

Reply here if you change it up somehow.

Thanks.
Yes if this could please be toned down slightly

bdst wrote:
While I like the idea for Norman Osborn there is a logical problem in his powers and tactics.

His mastermind card states that Norman cannot be attacked if the Green Goblin is in the city while the Advanced Goblin Glider tactic card moves Goblins in the city; but there cannot be any Goblins in the city to be moved since Norman was attacked.
Yes, maybe it can be corrected to say:
Search the Villain deck for a Green Goblin Villain and place it onto the bridge. If there are no Green Goblins in the Villain deck, each player searches their victory pile and places each Green Goblin in the city, starting with the Bridge, then the Streets.

Hopefully these can be fixed soon, I'm trying to print them from printerstudio before the holidays to play with my cousins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
So... Does an Ultron Tactic give you 10 attack when you draw it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Crawford
Australia
flag msg tools
Have been thinking about a good scheme for Ultron. Hijacking the worlds computer network go launch a nuclear strike seems a good one.

Scheme twists - 7

Twist 1 - KO any tech cards in HQ. If none present, choose the highest value card
Twist 2 - KO any energy cards in HQ. If none present, choose the highest value card.
Twist 3 - 6 Each player must either either KO a tech card or take a wound.
Twist 7 - evil wins

just spitballing here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I just spent five minutes trying to copy the image and pasting it to a word file, but it keeps just pasting the Ultron Mastermind card. Either I have no fricking clue how to Copy and Paste images, the library computer is really goofy or something's going on with the image. Why would it work just fine with the first image but not the second? Are there different rules for copying and pasting images versus text? I'm way behind the times with technology but I think I know this much.

Edit: I got help from a librarian. How silly of me to not know pasting an image is completely different from doing so with text!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P W
msg tools
Glad you got it to work. These two Masterminds are canon in our gameplay. Well done.

Ultron is omega-tier difficult. Yet we still keep him in. He's brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Malta
Balzan
Balzan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of a re-upload of these? Would be interested in seeing these

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'm using a connection at my library again, and now all the card images are gone, replaced by a cyber security alert about the images being third party information, and for more information go to Photo Bomb or some sight related to securing image files.

Is this unique to me or did board game geek have to get some new rules?
(Edit: the note is "Please Update Your Account to Enable Third Party Posting at Photo Bucket)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
I'm using a connection at my library again, and now all the card images are gone, replaced by a cyber security alert about the images being third party information, and for more information go to Photo Bomb or some sight related to securing image files.

Is this unique to me or did board game geek have to get some new rules?
(Edit: the note is "Please Update Your Account to Enable Third Party Posting at Photo Bucket)
This is just the image hosting site photobucket putting up barriers to hotlinking now, in order to push their paid services. The original posters will need to host the images elsewhere and repost in order to make them available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls