jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
good news for the Democrats, finally a reason for them to come back to the table !

open them parks back up boys !
http://local21news.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/kkk...

Stay Classy my Democrat friends, stay classy,
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really can't see any connection between the link to story and anything in your post. I can't see any connection between the three lines in your post either. Is there a purpose or main idea behind your post or just random sentences?

Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Stay classy, my Tea Party friends, stay classy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
I really can't see any connection between the link to story and anything in your post.Thanks.


oh, sure let me explain. see the Democrat party recently shutdown the parks system as a political stunt during their Government shutdown and refusal to negotiate with the republicans.

Now here is the kicker, several years ago the Democrats started the KKK and now the KKK is upset that their allies have shutdown the very parks that they were going to rally at...

Bitten by their own Snake !

I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
Stay classy, my Tea Party friends, stay classy.


I would have punched her in the dick for trying to stop those war veterans from visiting their memorial. that guy deserves a medal for berating that uppity drone worker.
 
 Thumb up
0.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Avatar
jeremycobert wrote:
Donald wrote:
I really can't see any connection between the link to story and anything in your post.Thanks.


oh, sure let me explain. see the Democrat party recently shutdown the parks system as a political stunt during their Government shutdown and refusal to negotiate with the republicans.

Now here is the kicker, several years ago the Democrats started the KKK and now the KKK is upset that their allies have shutdown the very parks that they were going to rally at...

Bitten by their own Snake !

I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.


Are you some kinda mass hallucination? And how do we make you go away?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:


I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.


and no one knows as little as you.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
refusal to negotiate

My understanding is this was already negotiated. Is that how you 'understand' it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Donald wrote:
I really can't see any connection between the link to story and anything in your post.Thanks.


oh, sure let me explain. see the Democrat party recently shutdown the parks system as a political stunt during their Government shutdown and refusal to negotiate with the republicans.

Now here is the kicker, several years ago the Democrats started the KKK and now the KKK is upset that their allies have shutdown the very parks that they were going to rally at...

Bitten by their own Snake !

I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.
No, they shut down the parks because they have to look after most of them, and if they say all parks are closed they have to close all parks. Also they did not set up...bu you know that...you really do seem to write like another user.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
robigo wrote:
Stay classy, my Tea Party friends, stay classy.


I would have punched her in the dick for trying to stop those war veterans from visiting their memorial. that guy deserves a medal for berating that uppity drone worker.
Ohh if only that worn out lie were true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:


I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.


and no one knows as little as you.

Given the number of (obviously) deliberate errors he is being willfully ignorant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Donald wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:


I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.


and no one knows as little as you.

Given the number of (obviously) deliberate errors he is being willfully ignorant.


wow, you kids really don't know !
feel free to goolge it but yes, the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party. It's almost sad how little they teach you kids these days.

here is a quit excerpt

Georgia-born Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan wrote on page 21 of the September 1928 edition of the Klan’s “The Kourier Magazine”: “I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.”

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Donald wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:


I guess its only funny if you know a little bit about American history.


and no one knows as little as you.

Given the number of (obviously) deliberate errors he is being willfully ignorant.


wow, you kids really don't know !
feel free to goolge it but yes, the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party. It's almost sad how little they teach you kids these days.

here is a quit excerpt

Georgia-born Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan wrote on page 21 of the September 1928 edition of the Klan’s “The Kourier Magazine”: “I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.”

So

A: A supporter of the Democrat party set up the KKK, not the democrat party.
B: it was set up over 100 years ago, not a few years ago.
C. There is no proven link to any living member of he democrat party.

In fact the KKK has had links to both parties since (at least) the 1920's.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

A: A supporter of the Democrat party set up the KKK, not the democrat party.
B: it was set up over 100 years ago, not a few years ago.
C. There is no proven link to any living member of he democrat party.

In fact the KKK has had links to both parties since (at least) the 1920's.


up until 2010 ROBERT BYRD was the ranking member of the DEMOCRAT party !


A: Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
B: Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
C: Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.

seriously, you do not want me to keep going, the KKK and the Democrat party are well established allies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try exlaining about the defection of the 'southern democrats' to the Republican party in thd early/mid 20th century while the R was weak and fractured. You could examine how that old sothern social agenda is frequently personified in the rhetoric of the modern day R. You could trackthe KKK and otuer hate grouo money backing Tea Party activities. However I don't think any amount of history, reality, or rational discussion could ever penetrate JC's tin foil hat.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

A: A supporter of the Democrat party set up the KKK, not the democrat party.
B: it was set up over 100 years ago, not a few years ago.
C. There is no proven link to any living member of he democrat party.

In fact the KKK has had links to both parties since (at least) the 1920's.


up until 2010 ROBERT BYRD was the ranking member of the DEMOCRAT party !


A: Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
B: Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
C: Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.

seriously, you do not want me to keep going, the KKK and the Democrat party are well established allies.
Try again. By the way he ceased being leader of the Senate Democrats in 1989.

He was President pro tempore (on and off) until 2010, but that is a senate (not a democrat) position.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Try again. By the way he ceased being leader of the Senate Democrats in 1989.


ranking member , being the Democrat with the most seniority. after all, Democrats find a winner and hold on to him no mater how bad.

slatersteven wrote:
He was President pro tempore (on and off) until 2010, but that is a senate (not a democrat) position.


you are defending the honor of a Kleagle of the KKK, thats got to be uncomfortable ! a man who joined the KKK at age 24 in the 1940's. a man who refused to join the war effort because he would not work whit non-whites. AWKWARD !!!!!

so yes lets continue , the Democrat party is the party of racism and hate.

D: Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.

E: Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.

F: Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.

G: Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Try again. By the way he ceased being leader of the Senate Democrats in 1989.


ranking member , being the Democrat with the most seniority. after all, Democrats find a winner and hold on to him no mater how bad.
In otehr words the longest serving, he was picked by local Democrats, not by the wider national party.
Quote:


slatersteven wrote:
He was President pro tempore (on and off) until 2010, but that is a senate (not a democrat) position.


you are defending the honor of a Kleagle of the KKK, thats got to be uncomfortable ! a man who joined the KKK at age 24 in the 1940's. a man who refused to join the war effort because he would not work whit non-whites. AWKWARD !!!!!
How am I defending his honor, by pointing our he was not a senior democrat in 2010.
Quote:


so yes lets continue , the Democrat party is the party of racism and hate.

D: Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.

E: Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.

F: Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.

G: Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
Again you are talking about history that is 80 (+) years old. Prove that the current Democrat party has meaningful (not a single member who may have left the KKK in the 1950's, and is no longer a member of the party) to the KKK, or have the decency to admit that you are just engaging in disingenuous hyperbole.

In fact racists like David Duke (KKK member) and Strom Thurmond changed from being Democrats to Republican, proof of the links between racism and the Republicans (or even the KKK)? or just proof that all parties attract their share of extremists (especially in the southern USA)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Again you are talking about history that is 80 (+) years old.

yes, clearly nothing meaningful happened before MTV went on air for the first time..... shake

slatersteven wrote:
Prove that the current Democrat party has meaningful (not a single member who may have left the KKK in the 1950's, and is no longer a member of the party) to the KKK, or have the decency to admit that you are just engaging in disingenuous hyperbole.



the entrie Democrat party is based in racism. that continues even today. in the 1960's the Democrat effort to take black voters from the Republicans work flawlessly. JFK & RFK met with MLK in a private meeting while MLK's brother is under investigation from RKF. MLK's father is a Republican up to this point and MLK never admits his party, he does work for several Republican causes. after this meeting, MLK announces he is voting Democrat and encourages black to do the same. MLK's brother is not charged.

so the 1960's are supposed turn around for the Democrats race relation and they now "work tirelessly" to help black Americans. lets see how thats worked out for them.

in 1950 blacks born without both parents 17%
in 2013 blacks born without both parents 74%

pre 1960 black men being sent to prison 9% percent of Black men compared to 1% percent of white men.
in 2010, that had risen to 16% of Black men to 3% percent of white men

in 1950 black unemployment was 4%
today black unemployment is 13%
and before you try to justify it by claiming white unemployment is high, which it is, Black unemployment has far out paced it.

this was the most evil trick the Democrats played on black America, convincing them that they were their friends while enslaving them
to government and thinking of them as voting block instead of humans.
they replaced the chains of slavery with the chains of dependence.

if its not Democrat Racism, then its wild incompetence!

I know your answer is probably "you're a racist and its all Bush's fault".

slatersteven wrote:
In fact racists like David Duke (KKK member) and Strom Thurmond changed from being Democrats to Republican, proof of the links between racism and the Republicans

David Duke, life long democrat held office and was never booted from the party in fact when he was winning he was embraced. he switched to Republican as his state slowly switch from D to R and was instantly denounced when he switch by Repbublicans. interestingly enough Democrats still shamelessly use him as an example of "republican racism" shame on you as well.

Strom Thurmond voted against the civil right act but did little else or at least nothing as extreme as other Democrat racists like Byrd and Gore Sr. in fact he had a black daughter, so he was either a terrible racist or maybe he penis was was more forward thinking then his brain.

you left out the "Southern Strategy" that's usually the last of the 3 Democrat claims to Republican racism.

[q="slatersteven"] or just proof that all parties attract their share of extremists (especially in the southern USA)?


no, not even close. lets take a look as some recent history

G: Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

H: Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.

I: Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually even you could.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Again you are talking about history that is 80 (+) years old.

yes, clearly nothing meaningful happened before MTV went on air for the first time..... :shake:
No, you cannot use what happened 80 years ago to judge people today.
Quote:


slatersteven wrote:
Prove that the current Democrat party has meaningful (not a single member who may have left the KKK in the 1950's, and is no longer a member of the party) to the KKK, or have the decency to admit that you are just engaging in disingenuous hyperbole.



the entrie Democrat party is based in racism. that continues even today. in the 1960's the Democrat effort to take black voters from the Republicans work flawlessly. JFK & RFK met with MLK in a private meeting while MLK's brother is under investigation from RKF. MLK's father is a Republican up to this point and MLK never admits his party, he does work for several Republican causes. after this meeting, MLK announces he is voting Democrat and encourages black to do the same. MLK's brother is not charged.

so the 1960's are supposed turn around for the Democrats race relation and they now "work tirelessly" to help black Americans. lets see how thats worked out for them.

in 1950 blacks born without both parents 17%
in 2013 blacks born without both parents 74%

pre 1960 black men being sent to prison 9% percent of Black men compared to 1% percent of white men.
in 2010, that had risen to 16% of Black men to 3% percent of white men

in 1950 black unemployment was 4%
today black unemployment is 13%
and before you try to justify it by claiming white unemployment is high, which it is, Black unemployment has far out paced it.

this was the most evil trick the Democrats played on black America, convincing them that they were their friends while enslaving them
to government and thinking of them as voting block instead of humans.
they replaced the chains of slavery with the chains of dependence.

if its not Democrat Racism, then its wild incompetence!

I know your answer is probably "you're a racist and its all Bush's fault".

slatersteven wrote:
In fact racists like David Duke (KKK member) and Strom Thurmond changed from being Democrats to Republican, proof of the links between racism and the Republicans

David Duke, life long democrat held office and was never booted from the party in fact when he was winning he was embraced. he switched to Republican as his state slowly switch from D to R and was instantly denounced when he switch by Repbublicans. interestingly enough Democrats still shamelessly use him as an example of "republican racism" shame on you as well.

Strom Thurmond voted against the civil right act but did little else or at least nothing as extreme as other Democrat racists like Byrd and Gore Sr. in fact he had a black daughter, so he was either a terrible racist or maybe he penis was was more forward thinking then his brain.

you left out the "Southern Strategy" that's usually the last of the 3 Democrat claims to Republican racism.

[q="slatersteven"] or just proof that all parties attract their share of extremists (especially in the southern USA)?


no, not even close. lets take a look as some recent history

G: Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

H: Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.

I: Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
None of this proves they have links to the KKK today (and some of them prove nothing more then they used to be racist). I mean you are aware that the Democrats have not run the USA for 50 years uninterrupted?

One of the most interesting elements of US politics of the last 50 years is the way the parties have realigned themselves on the race issue. With a few old holdouts in the democrat back to it's darker past.

Also he did not refuse to fight in the war, his letter to Senator Theodore G. Bilbo was written the year after the war ended.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

no, not even close. lets take a look as some recent history

G: Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.


But the vote on the bill paints another picture:

Quote:
By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)


So a higher percentage of Dems voted for it than Repubs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
So a higher percentage of Dems voted for it than Repubs.


I think you are using some fuzzy math there chuckle nuts.

The House version of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by only 61 percent of that Chamber's Democrats versus 80 percent of the Republicans.

More importantly, it was Republicans that ended a Democrat filibuster preventing a vote on this bill in the Senate. 82 percent of Republicans voted for cloture versus 66 percent of Democrats.

In the final Senate vote on the Act, 82 percent of Republicans voted "Aye" versus 69 percent of Democrats.

The same is true for the Voting Rights Act of 1965 when 94 percent of Senate Republicans voted in favor of the bill versus 73 percent of Democrats. The final vote on the House's version was even more stark as only one Senate Republican voted against it compared to seventeen Democrats.

In the House, 82 percent of Republicans supported the bill versus 78 percent of Democrats.

No matter how you slice it, both of these landmark pieces of civil rights legislation had greater support from Republicans than Democrats.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.