Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of the Reaper in 4th, and wanted something similar for 2nd. Originally, I was thinking of using the Reaper, but decided to go more old school plus I'd like to use an npc that isn't also on the board...I've always thought that was odd.

I don't have The Adventure, so the Warrior of Chaos isn't a player in my games. If I were to obtain it, I think I might still exclude him as a character and keep him as an NPC. As far as flavor, I'm wanting him to be sorta crazy. Old school chaos warrior mixed with the Black Knight from Holy Grail perhaps.

Again, he basically acts like the Reaper. When a player rolls a '1' for movement, the then get to move the Warrior of Chaos(starts in the ruins). If the Warrior of Chaos lands on another player consult the chart below.

1. “Blood for the Blood God!” Lose all lives.
2. “Let’s Play Hide and Slay!” Roll d6: 1-2 Lose a Life. 3-6 Lose a random follower. If none, lose a life.
3. “The strong are strongest alone!” Lose a random follower. If none, lose a life.
4. “Sanity is for the weak!” Random alignment change
5. “Do you hear the voices too?!” Run d6 in a random direction. Roll d6: 1-3 left 4-6 right
6. “Well, that was unexpected…” Gain one Craft, Strength, or Life

Thoughts? tweaks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Terry Pratchett fanMicrobadge: Talisman fanMicrobadge: Narnia fanMicrobadge: LEGO Star Wars fan
Since 2nd edition does not have the Fate tokens option that the revised 4th does, may I suggest that on a roll of 1 you "lose all but ONE life"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea.

I do allow every player to fate points in 2nd edition. Basically two small d6 and when they're gone they're gone. I had thought of that when I was putting together the Warrior of Chaos' results.

I missed thinking that others playing 2nd may or may not have any sort of fate points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls