Subject: Does Healing Aura Affect Serena? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soothing Spirit says it works on adjacent heroes, so that wouldn't work on Serena. Once she has the Healing Aura card though, it upgrades it and then reads: "all heroes within 3 spaces". My understanding of other abilities was that this includes the caster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Always room for 1 more gameMicrobadge: Variant DesignerMicrobadge: I'm my own worst enemy - I play multiplayer games solo.Microbadge: Always looking to sky!Microbadge: I tried it at home!
I have been using Healing Aura with the assumption that "all heroes within 3 spaces" still does not apply to Serena (the caster). Could you explain where else in the game that you feel that this logic is contradictory? If my assumption is wrong I sure be interested to know it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Revan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Sounds like she is effected before and after the upgrade to me. Fantasy Flight has already said that, as written, Leoric is adjacent to himself for the purposes of his Heroic feat. I feel that this is a similar situation...and quite a bit more favorable for the caster at that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert S
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
RIP_Sinners wrote:
Fantasy Flight has already said that, as written, Leoric is adjacent to himself for the purposes of his Heroic feat.
Are you suggesting Leoric would hit himself with his heroic feat? laugh
Where did FFG respond to that?

I agree that Serena can't heal herself by default, but for the ability card it depends if you want to define "within 3 spaces" as including her space. I'd like to see an official response on this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he would get hit by his heroic feat if he was treated as a monster.

Here is the reply from FFG:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12945782#12945782

Whole discussion on linked thread + FFG answers confirm that "within 3 spaces" includes the starting space.

As for Serena it mainly depends on whenever she is treated as a hero. I don't have the expansion and didn't read it's rules so I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaius wrote:
I have been using Healing Aura with the assumption that "all heroes within 3 spaces" still does not apply to Serena (the caster). Could you explain where else in the game that you feel that this logic is contradictory? If my assumption is wrong I sure be interested to know it!
With Leoric's ability and other "within x spaces" things.

RIP_Sinners wrote:
Sounds like she is effected before and after the upgrade to me. Fantasy Flight has already said that, as written, Leoric is adjacent to himself for the purposes of his Heroic feat. I feel that this is a similar situation...and quite a bit more favorable for the caster at that!
To be clear, this isn't a matter of adjacency. Adjacent squares must share a corner, but in Leoric's case we're talking about anything within 3 spaces.

Areinu wrote:

Whole discussion on linked thread + FFG answers confirm that "within 3 spaces" includes the starting space.

As for Serena it mainly depends on whenever she is treated as a hero. I don't have the expansion and didn't read it's rules so I don't know.
I was thinking the same. The rules read:

Quote:
Similar to lieutenants, allies are represented on the map
by ally tokens, but are treated as hero figures for the purposes of hero
abilities, monster abilities and attacks, and Overlord cards.
Serena doesn't have a "hero" ability, she has an "ally" ability, but it would make sense to me if they were treated identically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert S
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Areinu wrote:

No that's all fine, but that link discusses his hero ability, not his feat. Don't worry about it. I know the ability is what he was talking about, I was just being pedantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're 100% right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can she or can she not use Soothing Spirit on herself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar discussion in the german forum a while ago. The question was asked to FFG, and the answer was: No, serena can't heal herself.

Relevant quotes:
Hi FFG, labyrinth of ruin rules: Who can Serena with "healing aura" heal ? Can she heal herself ? She is within 3 spaces but only count as hero for "hero abbilities" and not "ally abbilities" ?!

Hey Carsten!
Serena cannot heal herself.

Thanks for playing,
Kara Centell-Dunk
Game Developer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost 2 years later but we have an answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls