Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you want to play Zombicide and you're not particular about which character you play. If you just have the base game, it's pretty easy -- you can shuffle up the character dashboards and pick at random.

But then you might have gotten your hands on the promo characters, and now it's not as easy to shuffle. Or maybe you're using proxy dashboards and they're easily distinguishable from the originals. It's definitely moving away from the optimal.

And then there's Toxic City Mall and Prison Outbreak, and you just know that shuffling the dashboards is going to be even more difficult.

And finally, you buy into the kickstarter, and like a mad fool pledge for Every. Single. Character. Or you plan on using proxies for all of them. And then they add cross over characters from another campaign, and you read about them and laugh at the concept and of course you need to get these as well. Or proxies. Whatever, you look at the options and realize, wow, that's 57 unique characters you can pick from.

And you still don't care which character you play. All you're interested in is kicking some zombie butt. But how to handle selecting a character in an easy and efficient manner?

Well, friends, that's where I can help you. What I have here, in a couple of small links, is a means by which you can own a deck of playing cards, 54 in total, each with a unique Zombicide survivor. With one of these in hand it's a simple shuffle and deal to assign the characters to the players, and you can get on to your door crashing, car searching, zombie killing fun in no time!

These include cards for Season 1 and Season 2, including all but one of the the characters announced in the Season 2 Kickstarter campaign. It goes up to the Artists Pack characters, but does not include the two survivors announced in the Wrath of Kings crossover. But with Season III on the horizon, I suspect that we'll have enough to justify a second deck in the near future.

These are artscow decks. I'm already in possession of my own mini-deck version, and they turned out quite nice. So without further adieu, here are the links:

Zombicide Character Selector Deck - Full Size
Zombicide Character Selector Deck - Mini Size

Unfortunately, with 55 characters and only 54 cards in a deck, I needed to leave one out. OK, 57, but as far as I know they haven't released the artwork for the cross over characters yet. Sorry Uncle Honk, but you missed the cut. You'll be around when the Season III characters start being announced.

And if you'd like to include Uncle Honk in your own deck, hey, who am I to judge? Simply go to the Zombice Character Album and make you own deck. It's dead simple.

And as always, wait for Artscow to have a sale on the decks. They frequently have specials for nice discounts with shipping included. Because if you're looking for one of theses, you've probably spent too much money on the game already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could put the figures into a hat and draw at random - old school!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have left out Zombicide Survivor: Kyoko. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice idea and very well done, but i agree it would have been better to leave kyoko out of the mix at the moment.

i'll sure try it out as its perfect for a house rule i will be using for player vs player combat, to spice things up.
the cards represent the activations of each character to randomize the order in which they each get to act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments, and excellent idea about using the cards as randomizers for player activation.

As for leaving Kyoko out of the mix, that was a consideration, as was Cardboard Tube Samurai, since I couldn't find the "official" artwork when I started working on this. But, having missed out on the first Kickstarter, I've been resorting to proxies for the original promo characters, so having a proxy Kyoko or CTS doesn't make much of a difference for me. So I have a "Kyoko" I can use right now and a lot of Season II stuff I can't, so something from Season II needed to be dropped. The best candidates from those are the artists pack characters, since they're coming in late, and Uncle Honk drew the short straw.

But like I said, if you'd rather have Uncle Honk in and Kyoko out, it's dead simple to make you own deck from the album (assuming that sharing works properly with Artscow) -- just start a new deck project and autofill it. Make sure the back is on the back, Uncle Honk is in and Kyoko is out. I think you need a touch of "zoom out" for some of the cards. But it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to make your own mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if ArtsCow will ship to the UK and for how much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

They claim worldwide shipping. They have no problem shipping to me in Canada, so I'd suspect that the UK will be fine. I think the only way to check the rate is to start the checkout process and see what it comes to.

HOWEVER, there's almost never a good reason to pay for shipping. They frequently have "free worldwide shipping" deals, sometimes incorporated with discounts on products as well. Playing cards are an item that frequently have discount + free shipping deals.

Edit: Just checked out their specials and you can get a code from that page for a full sized deck for USD $9, shipping included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I've ordered froma ArsCow to Finland. The cards decks, even without any discounts, are very affordable IMO. I think I paid like $15 for shipping when ordered 7 packs of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meat wrote:

Edit: Just checked out their specials and you can get a code from that page for a full sized deck for USD $9, shipping included.

These codes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those.

They refresh every day, for as long as the items are in the "specials" section. I can't recall the last time I looked and they weren't on that page.

Sometimes they'll have minis on there as well, but not currently.

And if you create an account with them and subscribe to their promotions you'll get codes e-mailed to you. Most are full of "meh", but occasionally you'll be surprised with what they offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to create my own with the zombicide album, I need to log-in with the zombicide log-in.

Doubt you'd want that.

can you build a deck with Kyoko out and Honk in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, logging in with my account would be all kinds of bad! I don't know why it would do that, though, as I supposed making the album public would have allowed anyone to use the artwork in their own projects. Of course, I only have the one account and no desire to create another for testing.

So, by popular demand and because it was dead simple to do, here are links to the "No Kyoko" versions that include Uncle Honk in her place:

Zombicide Survivors - No Koyoko
Zombicide Survivors - No Koyoko - small

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meat wrote:
Yeah, logging in with my account would be all kinds of bad! I don't know why it would do that, though, as I supposed making the album public would have allowed anyone to use the artwork in their own projects. Of course, I only have the one account and no desire to create another for testing.

So, by popular demand and because it was dead simple to do, here are links to the "No Kyoko" versions that include Uncle Honk in her place:

Zombicide Survivors - No Koyoko
Zombicide Survivors - No Koyoko - small

If anyone stumbles upon a nice code (free shipping, for instance) could you please post it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
msg tools
These are brilliant! Do you have a blank card front template lying around anywhere? I'd love to make some of these for my custom survivors as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lynch
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
If anyone stumbles upon a nice code (free shipping, for instance) could you please post it here?

Just used this code: PLYCARDSPECIAL
5.99 USD, free shipping for mini cards.

Thanks Dean for the card designs, much appreciated! Now I might need to get my hands on the special guest boxes too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
h_ngm_n wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:

Thanks Dean for the card designs, much appreciated! Now I might need to get my hands on the special guest boxes too...

Ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a playing card-sized set a couple weeks ago, replacing the Kyoko card with Uncle Honk. Got them in the other day, and they look great! Thanks for putting this together Dean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
h_ngm_n wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:

Ordered.

GAH!

They sent me the wrong one!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this code is still valid:

PLYCARDSPECIAL

it took my $17 order and halved it. I'm paying $8.99 for a full sized set, no Koyoko..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
h_ngm_n wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:

Ordered.

GAH!

They sent me the wrong one!

shake

But they're going to send me the right one for free!

So, I'll have a set with both Kyoko and Honk!

Plus duplicates of everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy in the mail with Uncle Honk....

Simply awesome idea....

I've thrown my review(if you can call it that), over on my blog:

http://johnnylingster.blogspot.com/

and a picture.

I also noticed that 1/3 of the set I don't have.... because it's the 2nd wave of Season 2 KickStarter!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lingster wrote:
I also noticed that 1/3 of the set I don't have.... because it's the 2nd wave of Season 2 KickStarter!!

That was one of the first things I noticed too! It really shows just how many Survivors we'll end up with if one has both full Kickstarter sets!

Also, update on my Honk: I didn't get a whole new set, even though that's what they seemed to imply, I just got two Honks instead! Unfortunately, they're the large, not small, sized Honks, so I'm now waiting for replacements for the replacements!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what's neat is I'm thinking of a campaign with Zombicide, where I shuffle the survivors and that's all you have. period. a nice big board using every time (including the dups from season 1 and toxic mall) with dozens of spawn points. and run the game with every survivor, 6 at a time, where if one dies, another comes onto the scene, found somewhere, and starting at blue level. that could be very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the people who bought a mini sized deck, what are the dimensions of your cards?

Mine is 2" x 2.75" (5cm x 7cm) but on the website they announce a size of 2" x 2,5" (5cm x 6,35cm) which is quite a big gap.

Did they recently change their card's size (I doubt it) or am I not understanding something (most likely)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.