Hide
12 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to properly set up Pandemic: On the Brink rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kay Dee
msg tools
Hello! first I would like to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

I just recently got Pandemic and the expansion OTB, and I am a bit unsure of how I'm suppose to set it up in regards to the event cards.

The original game has onyl 5 event cards, and OTB comes with 8 extra, bringing the total to 13 event cards.

My question is:

When I set up the game, do I use ALL 13 event cards? or am I suppose to only use 2 for every player?

ie: 4 players = 8 event cards, 5 = 10 event cards.

Thanks in advance =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilbee wrote:
Hello! first I would like to apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum.

I just recently got Pandemic and the expansion OTB, and I am a bit unsure of how I'm suppose to set it up in regards to the event cards.

The original game has onyl 5 event cards, and OTB comes with 8 extra, bringing the total to 13 event cards.

My question is:

When I set up the game, do I use ALL 13 event cards? or am I suppose to only use 2 for every player?

Thanks in advance =)
look in the rulebook that comes with on the brink i think its on page 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Dee
msg tools
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:

My question is:

Thanks in advance =)
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, and although I do appriciate your good intentions, an answer instead of a direction would've served me much better.

Obviously I did read the rule books (Both of them), and the only reason I came to seek further help was because I was unsure, so I looking for a second opinion (or rather confirmation, that I understood the rules correctly).

However, I found the answer!

So thanks agian! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Select 2 event cards per player at random and shuffle them into the deck.

Deal out starting cards to players. (I think it's 5/4/3/2 cards for 2/3/4/5 players.)

Then cut the deck into as many pieces as Epidemic cards you're using, shuffle one Epidemic into each piece, then stack the pieces and you are good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from New User Questions to Pandemic: On the Brink.

User mailed with new home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miesner
United States
Napoleon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting cards for players is actually 4/3/2/2 for 2/3/4/5 I believe, so 4 cards for 2 players, 3 for 3 players, and 4 for 4 or 5 players. Everything else looks correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilbee wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:

My question is:

Thanks in advance =)
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, and although I do appriciate your good intentions, an answer instead of a direction would've served me much better.

Obviously I did read the rule books (Both of them), and the only reason I came to seek further help was because I was unsure, so I looking for a second opinion (or rather confirmation, that I understood the rules correctly).

So thanks agian! =)

I went off of memory and it was page 4 it states at the very top

NEW SPECIAL EVENT CARDS
During step 7 of the setup, separate the 5 special event cards from the base game and add them to the new 8 special event cards. Shuffle these cards face down and add 2 SPECIAL EVENT CARDS PER PLAYER to the cards before shuffling them and dealing them to each player"

Its clear you were just lazy as this description is very clear and leaves no question on what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Evilbee wrote:
2 per player

Quote:
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Dee
msg tools
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:

My question is:

Thanks in advance =)

So thanks agian! =)

NEW SPECIAL EVENT CARDS
During step 7 of the setup, separate the 5 special event cards from the base game and add them to the new 8 special event cards. Shuffle these cards face down and add 2 SPECIAL EVENT CARDS PER PLAYER to the cards before shuffling them and dealing them to each player"

Its clear you were just lazy as this description is very clear and leaves no question on what to do.
I'm not exactly sure why you'd assume I'm lazy, and why you're getting so upset over the fact that I made a post to get confirmation on something I wasn't sure of.

Obviously I read the rule books - my original post should've made that pretty obvious... I'm quite new to the world of table top board games, and I was unsure because the Base game rule book stated that I shuffle all the event cards into the player deck, while the OTB book say to use 2 per player. Which was the cause of my uncertainty, obvously now I understand that the expansion rule book take precendance over the base rule book (actually makes sense as well now lol).

However I am still unsure as to why you even bothered to reply to my post at all? as I said, if you had any intention of helping me you would've just provided the answer, like every other replies in this thread, instead you just came in with a condescending post that wasn't very helpful.. regardless though, I still appriciate your original intentions.

I apologize if my lack of comprehension for the simple rule book has upset you. I really only made the thread because I was genuinly unsure, not to cause any drama on these forums.

Thanks to everyone else for the confirmation.

P.S: The rule is on Page 2, not 3 or 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Cycling fanMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: World of Warcraft fanMicrobadge: Rainbow
It’s page 2 in the 2nd edition. In the 1st edition rules, it was on page 4. The content is nearly identical, but the 1st edition was a bit easier on the eyes to read (serif black on light gray on a smaller sheet) IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilbee wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
Evilbee wrote:

My question is:

Thanks in advance =)

So thanks agian! =)

NEW SPECIAL EVENT CARDS

I'm not exactly sure why you'd assume I'm lazy, and why you're getting so upset over the fact that I made a post to get confirmation on something I wasn't sure of.

Obviously I read the rule books - my original post should've made that pretty obvious... I'm quite new to the world of table top board games, and I was unsure because the Base game rule book stated that I shuffle all the event cards into the player deck, while the OTB book say to use 2 per player. Which was the cause of my uncertainty, obvously now I understand that the expansion rule book take precendance over the base rule book (actually makes sense as well now lol).

However I am still unsure as to why you even bothered to reply to my post at all? as I said, if you had any intention of helping me you would've just provided the answer, like every other replies in this thread, instead you just came in with a condescending post that wasn't very helpful.. regardless though, I still appriciate your original intentions.

I apologize if my lack of comprehension for the simple rule book has upset you. I really only made the thread because I was genuinly unsure, not to cause any drama on these forums.

Thanks to everyone else for the confirmation.

P.S: The rule is on Page 2, not 3 or 4.
No apology necessary I replied because I seen the topic and was willing to help but seeing as it was something I felt was clear (1st edition OTB pg4 2nd ed pg 2) i put as much effort into a response as I felt you did in looking for the answer in the rulebook. I gave as much effort as I felt was given it was also midnight-ish so I may have been grumpy. I am glad you sorted it out and can enjoy Pandemic which is quite a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kay Dee,
I apologize for the rudeness. Thankfully this is not the normal attitude.
Merry Christmas & welcome to BGG.

meeple Vicky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls