Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
93 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 

Glen More» Forums » News

Subject: Online Tournament at Yucata.de - Special Welcoming Tournament - YPS Event 2.S2 - 3p/4p Glen More rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Online Poker playerMicrobadge: Yucata.de playerMicrobadge: VeganMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan
I think the problem is fixed now. Thanks for the alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Scepter of Zavandor fanMicrobadge: I play Brass Online at brass.orderofthehammer.comMicrobadge: I'm a Concordia Weaver!Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Dungeon Lords fan - I'm an Evil Dungeon Lord!
Are we ready to start the next round yet? I assume that the one remaining game that hasn't started yet is never going to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Online Poker playerMicrobadge: Yucata.de playerMicrobadge: VeganMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan
Thanks, Mike.

Anyway, here we go to Round 4! Pairings are up, so get those games started ASAP. One more round, then tn the top 2 pods of 6 players head to the playoffs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYE2bGf--iMdDJ...

New YPS Events Currently Open for Sign-Ups

Online Tournament at Yucata.de - YPS Event 2.17: 4p Carcasonne: H/G - Begins Around 4/1

Online Tournament at Yucata.de - Y2PS Event 1.12: 2p Maori - Tournament Starts Around 3/24
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcy Morelli
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep fanMicrobadge: Euroquest attendeeMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Castles of Mad King Ludwig fan
What are we supposed to do with the BYE? Play a game with less players, or not play a game at all?

Marcy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Cricket fanMicrobadge: Neal Stephenson fanMicrobadge: England Cricket Team fan
marcy1sfc wrote:
What are we supposed to do with the BYE? Play a game with less players, or not play a game at all?

Marcy
Play the game with one less player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert
Singapore
flag msg tools
F1 group results are not reflected again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What does the red "L" mean in the game boxes? Two of my games that are underway show the red boxes.

Thanks,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
That just means the game wasn't marked as "playing" and as such was thought to be late. If the game is rolling along, feel free to change it to "p
".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Scepter of Zavandor fanMicrobadge: I play Brass Online at brass.orderofthehammer.comMicrobadge: I'm a Concordia Weaver!Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Dungeon Lords fan - I'm an Evil Dungeon Lord!
Are there any plans to start the final playoff round soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Very soon! I've been pretty busy, but we should be able to fire them off this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Okey doke, all the R4 matches have finished, so it's time to start the playoffs. Congratulations to the top 18 players who advance:

M3lchior
firexed
Keng_Ho
jrob30
asmiles
Baron Frog
EvilRoy
jimf
Catharsis
brito
Boltongeordie
JoSch
yucatarat
Radagast
dkshultz
Defdamesdompi
Azure_Meeple
qzhdad

The spreadsheet now has a "Playoffs" tab with your pairings for the last round. Remember that nothing that happened before now matters at this point. It's a clean slate for everyone, and you are playing only for your position within your pod (and extra LPs if you're interested in the season leaderboard).

Good luck to all!

Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYE2bGf--iMdDJ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thought it was the top 2 pods. Whatever..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
From the OP:

"v) There will be a playoffs among the top ranked players (might be two or three pods, depending on entries). The playoffs will use the same format except that prior results will not count. Everyone starts the playoffs with a fresh slate."

This is a big event, so we have three pods. Placement is fixed by pod, though, so only the top pod is actually playing for the championship. The rest of us are playing for LPs, for the challenge, and for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.Microbadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Cricket fanMicrobadge: Neal Stephenson fanMicrobadge: England Cricket Team fan
I was playing for LPs but no one sent me any vinyl yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
That's a wrap on the tournament, folks, and your champion is asmiles! This is his first YPS championship. Thanks for playing everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
twilightdruid wrote:
That's a wrap on the tournament, folks, and your champion is asmiles! This is his first YPS championship. Thanks for playing everyone.
That result is not reflected on the leaderboard. Any chance of an update or a post here with the final standings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Sorry about that. Should be good now.

Here are the final standings:

1 asmiles
2 Keng_Ho
3 firexed
4 M3lchior
5 Baron Frog
6 jimf
7 EvilRoy
8 Boltongeordie
9 brito
10 jrob30