Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Storage solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J W
msg tools
Microbadge: Rum & Bones fanMicrobadge: Descent 2nd Edition fanMicrobadge: Zombicide fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fanMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest fan
Anyone have a clever storage solution for all three big box games in the series? I just received my season 2 shipment today and there is quite a pile of components to organize and minis to keep track of. I haven't had a chance to read through the rules enough to determine if I am going to mix the pieces or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook Microbadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Designer
Yeah, for Season 1 I got a big square cardboard box within which I have smaller rectangular cardboard boxes, one of which contains a plastic insert to hold the Survivors and Abomination, the other of which holds two plastic trays for the Zombies.

The inner boxes are a bit plain, but the outer one has some Zombicide artwork on it, so it looks good on my shelf.

I'm hoping to do the same with my Season 2 and TCM when those arrive also.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B.
United States
Groton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the same thing. I just had the base set for season 1, so I was content to just keep putting everything back in the original plastic trays and box. When my season 2 stuff arrived yesterday and I had it spread out everywhere, I realized that just isn't going to work anymore. My season 1 set is painted so the plastic trays were good to keep everything from banging together. It will probably take forever but my intentions are to paint up all of season 2. So just tossing everything in a big box probably isn't going to work for me. Battlefoam looks awesome but is really expensive, especially with my collection being at 279? minis now.

There have been times when I convinced my non-gamer friends to have a game day and I show up with luggage full of games. They thought that was hilarious. I can only imagine what they'll say when I have to rent a Uhaul to carry around Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Level 13 BGG posterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I use a really useful box. Their inserts are quite good for separating the different types of zombie, etc. I might have to change that when the new boxes turn up in a day or two.

The 'day or two' bit was a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made foamboard inserts for the PO and TCM box. The PO box has all the miniatures sorted by type and the TCM box has all the cardboard tokens and manuals. Works pretty well for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Cthulhu Wars fan - cultist of the Great CthulhuMicrobadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook
Are you in the UK that received it? Im still waiting. Ill have to re-do my storage once this thing arrives but so far i have this...

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1785276/zombicide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted my solution over on the Prison Outbreak forums. Short story, I bought a Plano 732 tackle box.

My storage solution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I bought the artist box from Hobby Lobby that is frequently used, and even without custom dividers everything fits really well. Take out the upper pallet rack and put your board tiles in the bottom with all the zombies. I need to build dividers for the bottom because the zombies are all a mess right now, but the box fits everything well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my post from another thread with pictures of my setup:

Ok, here is what I did with the box. This is with very minimal customization (removed 2 screws). I've removed any duplicate materials and foreign language cards are kept in an "off-site" storage area (for possible future custom cards).

The instruction books sit on top.

I kept the pallet in the box to hopefully keep the different compartments sealed during transport. If the bottom of the box comes up higher, this can always be removed.

These are the default compartments. In the top section are survivors/zombivors, character sheets, and small cardboard tile pieces (rubble, turning gate).

This is with all the existing survivors except 2 season 1 promo figs and Kyoko.

Left is the cars and dog cards (character and zombie dog spawn cards). Center is dice and dogs. Right is first player skull and tracker clips.

The lower section here houses all cardboard chits and cards. I'm still not sure how I'm going to setup the decks, so currently I've got a S1 deck, a PO deck, and a TM deck, plus the other spawn decks are separated out. I have put one set of cards that is wounds and starting equipment.

In the bottom of the box I removed the two cross pieces (weren't glued in or anything). Here is all the map tiles, large rubble, and all zombies.

Ideally I would want to center the cardboard and seperate this area into four sections. One for the cardboard and then put the zombies in the other sections. I'm more likely to put them by walker, runner, fatty/abom/dogs than by type because the coloring is pretty easy to tell them apart.

It may be difficult to tell from the pictures, but I don't believe that I am currently crushing any of the figures. Obviously if the cardboard was centered and dividers added, this could reduce this risk even further.

Additional items that I could remove would be a bunch of wound cards and some of those dice... that's a lot of dice.

And for those of you that don't know, that is Hugo's Amazing tape holding the cards. Buy some, it's awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls