How sticky is your ZOC?
In the rulebook.page 10 section L to be precise.
here as they in full:
solitaire Pax wrote:
L. SOLITAIRE VARIANT
Overview and Setup. Setup the game as per Part B for two players, but your opponent is Díaz himself. Díaz gets no gold, cubes, or cards, but he has 6 Outrage points and 4 of every other kind of Prestige Point. You will need a 6-sided dice. You go first.
Díaz Turn. On his turn, roll the dice twice for Díaz, once for each row in the Market. Díaz always buys the two cards indicated by the dice-roll, with the zero-cost column corresponding to a “1” and the 16-cost column corresponding to “6”. He plays both cards per below, in any order you choose.
• If it is a Topple or Enterprise Card, Díaz discards it.
• If it is a partner, Diaz plays it into his Row. Díaz can buy and play partner cards as a single Action, without paying any gold. If it has two Orientations (e.g. Newspapers), roll the die for the Orientation.
• If it is a Headline, Díaz plays it on its event Orientation it if it changes the Regime to Pax Porfiriana, otherwise he discards it.
• If it is a troop card that can extort an enterprise of yours, he does so, against the eligible enterprise with the most cubes. Use a white cube to show the Díaz extortion, although he gets no income from this.
• If it is an Orange or Black card, he automatically plays it if it steals gold or inflicts unrest, otherwise he discards it. Díaz can buy and play Orange and Black cards as a single Action, without paying any gold.
• Ties. If Díaz plays a card against an enterprise or partner, he chooses the eligible enterprise with the most cubes. or the eligible partner with a Prestige Point that you have the most of. In case of further ties, he chooses the card with the highest card number and no Unrest.
• If a Headline at the zero-cost column is discarded, it is played on its event Orientation if it changes the Regime to Pax Porfiriana.
• You may speculate on cards, and receive gold if Díaz buys them.
• If Díaz is hit by Strife, roll the die to see which Faction Color he discards.
• To win. Topple Díaz during one of the four Topplings. The Diaz Defense is four (6 if Outrage) plus the Prestige Points of his partners.
VicTiger of BGG suggests these extra solitaire rules, which give Díaz extra opportunities for prestige:
• Díaz plays all enterprises with prestige icons (including plantations) to his row and discards the rest.
• Díaz always attempts to play orange/black cards against you first. If you have no valid target, he will attempt to play strawman actions against his own partners/enterprises. Discard if not playable.
• Díaz always attempts to play troop cards against you first. If you have no valid target, he will attempt to deploy to one of his own enterprises. Discard if not playable.