Subject: Preorder the nestorgames edition! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: nestorgames fanMicrobadge: Adaptoid fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Ni-Ju fanMicrobadge: Arcade fan
Let's Catch the Lion! available for preorder on nestorbooster!

http://www.nestorbooster.com/lion_detail.html

Boost the upcoming nestorgames edition of Madoka Kitao's Let's Catch the Lion!

You can preorder as many copies as you wish. This game will be published by nestorgames, but you have the chance of getting it at a lower price for a limited period of time.

どうぶつしょうぎ - Let's Catch the Lion! (a.k.a. Dōbutsu Shōgi, which means "animal shogi") is a simple version of Shogi. Both players have only four pieces – chick, giraffe, elephant and lion – and they're trying to either catch the opponent's lion or move their own lion to the other side. The board is just 3×4 squares, so the game is rather short, aimed mostly at getting children interested in Shogi – but even if you're an adult, the game is very enjoyable.

The nestorgames edition will be very special. Its tiles will be made of 8mm thick laser cut 'ice' acrylic with the animals engraved and painted (like the tiles in the nestorgames edition of Chex). The game has been illustrated by artist Silvia Romeral Andrés. You can se a draft of how the final product will look like in the big image below, and also a picture of the case logo.

Components: Cotton case, 10 acrylic tiles, board.

Notes and goodies: Preorders above 100 Eur (or 1 BTC approx.) will receive a nestorgames backpack! Remember that preoders in Bitcoin have a 30% discount instead of 20%. Shipping is only 9 € no matter how many copies you preorder. If you wish to place an order in Bitcoin, please contact me here. You can combine preorders of other games. They will be shipped together or separately depending on release dates.

Final price:
25,00 € ($ 32.50)
Preorder:
20,00 € ($ 26.00)
or 0.18 BTC
Goal = 500€
Ends: Nov-15

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rio Malaschitz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably it will be better as combination with Shogi5x6. Yōkaï no Mori

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: nestorgames fanMicrobadge: Adaptoid fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Ni-Ju fanMicrobadge: Arcade fan
Malaschitz wrote:
Maybe as a future upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricio M
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this be ordered from the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
blindpanzer wrote:
Can this be ordered from the US?
Of course. Worldwide. 9 eur shipping anywhere on the planet

http://www.nestorbooster.com/lion_detail.html

Simply 'add to cart' and proceed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
Nestor, will all the animals be painted in black?

Or, are you doing different colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
EgorjLileli wrote:

All black.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
nestorgames wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

All black.
Bummer.......that's a deal breaker for me. I loved the colorfulness of the original A LOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
I would just like to see an actual printed game rather than the prototype illustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Madoka Kitao shows an almost-final copy of Let's Catch the Lion!. NESTORGAMES booth - Essen 2013.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
nestorgames wrote:
Malaschitz wrote:
Maybe as a future upgrade.
Nestor, if you ever did this, I would buy it in a second. As is, I fear this game is a little too simple to hold my interest for too long, but I really love mini-chess variants like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls