Hide
184 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

:
Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - the game is over! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - "The one before #42" - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
shawnad2006 wrote:
Slathe wrote:
Using the tease, Rathstar!? Nice!

Count me in.
What's the tease?
Was a role I created and ran in an earlier game. Assuming he's using the same version, the idea is that on a color reveal, tease only reveals that it is the "tease" but not which team it is on. On a co-reveal, they reveal color/role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - "The one before #42" - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
shawnad2006 wrote:
What's the tease?
Rathstar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adry Giralt
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: Mario Mushroom fanMicrobadge: Counter-Strike fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: Online Poker player
In!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
Slathe wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Slathe wrote:
Using the tease, Rathstar!? Nice!

Count me in.
What's the tease?
Was a role I created and ran in an earlier game. Assuming he's using the same version, the idea is that on a color reveal, tease only reveals that it is the "tease" but not which team it is on. On a co-reveal, they reveal color/role.
Yeah, I shamelessly stole it from Slathe
I also printed some up for live play, it's popular!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Chrono Trigger fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Red TeamMicrobadge: Ender's Game fanMicrobadge: TARDISMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

In.

Cannot resist the lure of 2R1B PBF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Ice Cream loverMicrobadge: El Greco fanMicrobadge: The Dresden Files fan
I'll play too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Duran
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Batman fanMicrobadge: Reddit fanMicrobadge: Stonemaier ChampionMicrobadge: Super Smash Bros. fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
turns out I can't do 1100 BGG. I had a look at the signups and we have people from:

GMT -7
GMT -6
GMT -5
GMT -4
GMT +2
GMT +5.5
GMT +10

Fun times!

My natural fallback is 1900 or 1600 BGG but I do want to make this game convenient for as many players as possible. That said, everyone should also know that just because the round start/end time is inconvenient for you doesn't mean you can't play, but you may want to work with the mod and your teammates a bit differently to make sure you get everything accomplished that you want to get accomplished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG poster
On second thought, I have to back out of this one; I'm going to need to catch up on real life after modding #40! Hope the game goes well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'll miss red, but I request to be moved up to the number 8 slot. Its kind of like a promotion, and I get to be next to my friend Natalie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Slathe wrote:
I'll miss red, but I request to be moved up to the number 8 slot. Its kind of like a promotion, and I get to be next to my friend Natalie.
sure, why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rathstar wrote:
Slathe wrote:
sure, why not?
I'm coming for you Yougurt and Shawna!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I'll settle on a final time tomorrow. In the meantime, does anyone have role text for Paranoid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
rathstar wrote:
I'll settle on a final time tomorrow. In the meantime, does anyone have role text for Paranoid?
Deadline time is 1600 BGG, which seems like it is as accommodating as possible. If this affects your ability to participate please let me know.

Hey Neil, if you come back, I'll give you your #8 spot back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Carson City fanMicrobadge: Ginkgopolis fanMicrobadge: Tournay fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Palais Royal fan
I'll play. Going to need some practice before the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Microbadge: When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquerMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: There can be no peace until they renounce their Rabbit god and accept our Duck god.
I'm considering. Depends if I burn out on the current match or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
Machiavellian wrote:
It is not unwise to take the occasional week off to prevent burn out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Machiavellian wrote:
PBF #40 is pretty crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
rathstar wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:
PBF #40 Rathstar is pretty crazy.
*ftfy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
Microbadge: I play a Viking!Microbadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by, your Microbadge will return in a moment.Microbadge: Viking
Ok, I'm in. My week wouldn't be complete without this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
Microbadge: Love
Sorry Rath, but I need a week off.
Though I do hate giving up that #1 spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawnad2006 wrote:
You better hide!

Rath, I'll take the #1 spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
awwwww. Up next: I give up and Slathe takes the mod spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
shawnad2006 wrote:
No problem though, this has been an exhausting week for 2R1B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Never expect the expected
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: I wear a FedoraMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Futurama fan
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
No problem though, this has been an exhausting week for 2R1B
Hey, Mod, can I have the #8 slot opened up by Slathe now??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |