Subject: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - the game is over! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - "The one before #42" - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Sorry Rath, but I need a week off.
Though I do hate giving up that #1 spot.
No problem though, this has been an exhausting week for 2R1B
Hey, Mod, can I have the #8 slot opened up by Slathe now??
haha, I went to go do it and saw you have #5. I'll still do it though, enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Chrono Trigger fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Red TeamMicrobadge: Ender's Game fanMicrobadge: TARDISMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - "The one before #42" - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Can I have Randy's old spot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Electrical Engineer
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
Cool. It just won't feel like a 2R1B anymore unless I switch my position at least a dozen times and make the mod's job (and spreadsheet) a living hell! devil

Speaking of which, I don't like the view back here at #8, either. Could you move #6 up to 5, #7 up to 6, and then put me at 7? Yeah.. just a little more to the right...a little more...

(Watch, now I'll be at #30 just because of my frivolousness!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
bt37 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Sir, this is PBF #41. ...But ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
Cool. It just won't feel like a 2R1B anymore unless I switch my position at least a dozen times and make the mod's job (and spreadsheet) a living hell! devil

Speaking of which, I don't like the view back here at #8, either. Could you move #6 up to 5, #7 up to 6, and then put me at 7? Yeah.. just a little more to the right...a little more...

(Watch, now I'll be at #30 just because of my frivolousness!)
You need to think bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fanMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Electrical Engineer
rathstar wrote:
Players:
99,999,999. namyzarc!
Perfect!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Chrono Trigger fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Red TeamMicrobadge: Ender's Game fanMicrobadge: TARDISMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
rathstar wrote:
bt37 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Sir, this is PBF #41. ...But ok.
Thanks.

Also

rathstar wrote:
99,999,999. namyzarc!
Legend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Players:
99,999,999. namyzarc!
Perfect!!
TAKE THAT PBF #42 WITH YOUR PUNY 39 PLAYER COUNT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
Microbadge: Love
Everyone, rath secretly asked me to "sit out" of this game, but the twist is that I'll enter the game in Round 5 as Nuclear Tyrant and everyone loses unless Pres and Bomber are in the same room. Plan accordingly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
shawnad2006 wrote:
Everyone, rath secretly asked me to "sit out" of this game, but the twist is that I'll enter the game in Round 5 as Nuclear Tyrant and everyone loses unless Pres and Bomber are in the same room. Plan accordingly!
The real twist: At the end of the game, everyone wins. Join PBF #41 and boost your win total!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Players:
99,999,999. namyzarc!
Perfect!!
TAKE THAT PBF #42 WITH YOUR PUNY 39 PLAYER COUNT
50,000,000 to a room... good luck trying to keep track of the votes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Anyone that signs up between now and Sunday gets to choose a signup number between 16 and 99,999,998!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
The real twist: At the end of the game, everyone wins. Join PBF #41 and boost your win total!
Can I have Randy's win as well please? It'd be muchly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
bt37 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Can I have Randy's win as well please? It'd be muchly appreciated.
Ohhhh, I can't WAIT till I perfect my double-loss ray gun! Then you'll be sorry... Ha ha, you'll all be sorry!

Rathstar's been thinking about that Resistance game where there were no spies again... Stop it, Rath! Some of us are trying to win the good sport award two seasons running!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
Microbadge: Cities of Splendor fanMicrobadge: 2011 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Games Magazine
You can find out more about Tease in "A Summer Tease" PBF.

I don't recommend using MI6/Nuclear Tyrant myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
Slathe wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
You better hide!

Rath, I'll take the #1 spot.
And here I thought we were friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natsume wrote:
Slathe wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
You better hide!

You can be my underling now, that's even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey, something I've always wondered about buried roles..

So let's say the engineer and tinkerer are both in the game. Does the bomber only need to co-reveal with one of them to meet his condition? Or does he need to find the highest in priority list, i.e. the Engineer?

Or vice versa -- if the Engineer finds the Martyr, does he need to spend the rest of his time trying to hunt down a Bomber as well, if there is one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
namyzarc wrote:

So let's say the engineer and tinkerer are both in the game. Does the bomber only need to co-reveal with one of them to meet his condition? Or does he need to find the highest in priority list, i.e. the Engineer?

Or vice versa -- if the Engineer finds the Martyr, does he need to spend the rest of his time trying to hunt down a Bomber as well, if there is one?
If the Bomber is in the game, the Martyr is essentially just like plain old red team and does not do anything special. If the Engineer coreveals with the Martyr, the red team may have armed the bomb but they can't be sure unless they either find a Bomber or identify their whole team and know that there's no Bomber in the game.

If the Engineer is in the game, the Tinkerer is essentially just like plain old red team and does not count for arming the bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:

If the Bomber is in the game, the Martyr is essentially just like plain old red team and does not do anything special. If the Engineer coreveals with the Martyr, the red team may have armed the bomb but they can't be sure unless they either find a Bomber or identify their whole team and know that there's no Bomber in the game.

If the Engineer is in the game, the Tinkerer is essentially just like plain old red team and does not count for arming the bomb.
Huh...I get it now. So having buried roles in the game is kind of like having a bunch of purple Baltars with fake plans running around... Except the purple Baltars are really on your team..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
namyzarc wrote:
rathstar wrote:

Huh...I get it now. So having buried roles in the game is kind of like having a bunch of purple Baltars with fake plans running around... Except the purple Baltars are really on your team..
I guess you could look at it like that, but if you say Baltar again I'm demoting you to #6.023e23.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: World TravellerMicrobadge: Loves to cookMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: I love my Best Friend.
Slathe wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Slathe wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
You better hide!

You can be my I am your underling now, that's even better!
Fixed that for you....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Microbadge: When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquerMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: There can be no peace until they renounce their Rabbit god and accept our Duck god.
So what is the theme of this one? Mock generic Euro-games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Machiavellian wrote:
So what is the theme of this one? Mock generic Euro-games?
Yeah, if anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
Microbadge: I play a Viking!Microbadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by, your Microbadge will return in a moment.Microbadge: Viking
As long as we're requesting placement, can I have the 0.5 place? I want to be first. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |