Subject: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - the game is over! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
Hahah, Erin, the amount of times I've posted that video while playing online. It never gets old. You got me, now I have to join /in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
badge
"Is there any subject you shouldn't joke about?" is no less ridiculous a question than "Is there any subject you shouldn't talk about?"
Microbadge: God plays diceMicrobadge: John Tenniel Fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Alice in Wonderland fan - Cheshire CatMicrobadge: American McGee's Alice fan
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - signups open / roleset discussion!
Is the limit of x as it approaches negative infinity already taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
DeMorcerf wrote:
technically no, buuuut, I'd like to keep it positive in my game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Boo. What about as it approaches 0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
Microbadge: Cities of Splendor fanMicrobadge: 2011 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Games Magazine
DeMorcerf wrote:
As your brother could tell you, that doesn't exist. And you have to exist if you are playing -- no ghosts allowed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
ortho_ Jan 14, 07:15 PM: hahahaha i think rathstar should be granted some kind of neutral mischief-maker role in any WW game he wants to play :D
badge
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Braid fanMicrobadge: Card Games fanMicrobadge: Trick-Taking fan
DeMorcerf wrote:
Boo. What about as it approaches 0?
Here, have ε.

Welcome to PBF #41, where it takes 10 times as long as other PBFs to figure out how many people are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who wants to help me pick the odd role?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: I've got a theory... it could be bunnies!Microbadge: I Love Gaming with My BoyFriend!!!Microbadge: I'm an Extrovert: I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. I’m excited when I’m around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen.Microbadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fan - Torch
namyzarc wrote:
"Erin acts like Charlie Kelly"...OK, got it! ...wait, that doesn't help... Guess I'll find out today!!
Actually, if you want some help here are 3 helpful rules to follow when playing with me:

1. Always private reveal to me when you have the first opportunity to do so
2. Tell me everything you know
3. Do everything I say

All people that succeed when playing with me follow these three simple rules!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, wait a minute why isn't Caitlin in this game?!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
Microbadge: Love
rathstar wrote:
Private Investigator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rathcon attendeeMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Ice Cream loverMicrobadge: El Greco fanMicrobadge: The Dresden Files fan
Notification: I will not be around much tomorrow, we have a teambuilding day at work. I'll probably be unable to be online during the day. I hope to be available during the last part of the round, but I can't make any promises about what time I can be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
shawnad2006 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Private Investigator?
I love that role, but it sounds like a lot of work in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Seen wrote:
Notification: I will not be around much tomorrow, we have a teambuilding day all day 2R1B at work. I'll probably be unable to be online during the day. I hope to be available during the last part of the round, but I can't make any promises about what time I can be there.
Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
rathstar wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Private Investigator?
I love that role, but it sounds like a lot of work in this game.
...actually, maybe it's easier in this game since the roles are buried in pairs. I like it better than any alternatives so in it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Never expect the expected
Microbadge: Pub quiz fanMicrobadge: I enjoy singingMicrobadge: I wear a FedoraMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!Microbadge: Futurama fan
ErintheRed wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
"Erin acts like Charlie Kelly"...OK, got it! ...wait, that doesn't help... Guess I'll find out today!!
Actually, if you want some help here are 3 helpful rules to follow when playing with me:

1. Always private reveal to me when you have the first opportunity to do so
2. Tell me everything you know
3. Do everything I say

All people that succeed when playing with me follow these three simple rules!!
Hey, copycat! Those are Mike's rules!! (Oh wait, maybe I know where he got them from now)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I can just jump out, if that's easier. I'm quite busy and only jumped in due to the impulse of seeing the wildcard clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
DeMorcerf wrote:
I can just jump out, if that's easier. I'm quite busy and only jumped in due to the impulse of seeing the wildcard clip.
My philosophy is always "more is better." But let me know in like the next 3 minutes if you want to drop out so I can stab you in BB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
signups are closed! stay tuned for game start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adry Giralt
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: Mario Mushroom fanMicrobadge: Counter-Strike fanMicrobadge: Two Rooms and a Boom - Blue TeamMicrobadge: Online Poker player
so, if I am blue devil i have to say:

I'm red
I'm blue

and i can't say:

I'm blue
I'm red

Am i correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - round 1 starting soon!
GirAltSupr wrote:
so, if I am blue devil i have to say:

I'm red
I'm blue

and i can't say:

I'm blue
I'm red

Am i correct?
This is 100% correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - round 1 starting soon!
GAME ON!

If you have any questions about the game or your role, please send me a geekmail and do not post in the main thread. Have fun everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Re: 2R1B PBF #41 - Bomber Placement - main thread - game is in progress!
by the way, please look at the role list and FAQ! I made a last minute change (I removed the MI6 / Nuclear Tyrant pair and replaced it with another Tease pair.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
Microbadge: When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquerMicrobadge: In this world there's two kinds of Meeples, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig...Microbadge: With a simple snap of my fingers...Microbadge: Our Hero; The Valiant Spaceman SpiffMicrobadge: There can be no peace until they renounce their Rabbit god and accept our Duck god.
Would I be correct in assuming that the Private investigator will automatically be in play, since only paired roles are buried?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Machiavellian wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that the Private investigator will automatically be in play, since only paired roles are buried?
Yes, only role pairs are buried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I missed something in the role descriptions! The tease may not publicly reveal (they can coreveal, color reveal, public color reveal, private color reveal, but not full public or private reveal.) (At least, that's the ruling I'm making, hopefully Slathe agrees, but it doesn't make sense to restrict private reveal without also restricting full public reveal.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] |