Subject: help with translation. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kenndragon 1
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend who is colorblind and I was wondering is there anyone who knows what the translations under the numbers mean and their correct pronunciations? I would really like my friend to be able to play this game and I think knowing the text would allow us to work around his color-blindness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
red = dream
green = sky (or heaven)
blue = fish
yellow = dragon
white = rain

although, I can't imagine using those little symbols from across the table, with my eyesight anyway. I suggest finding an old copy of the game, like Hanabi & Ikebana, where the symbols are a bit larger and more distinct. And the cards are, imo, a LOT prettier too. I'd get that one if I could find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kenndragon 1
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help I'll try to get my hands on a different copy, but for now he'll at least get to enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
kennryu wrote:
Thanks for the help I'll try to get my hands on a different copy, but for now he'll at least get to enjoy the game.
The Abacusspeile edition may be easier to find, and has more recognizable/distinguishable symbols (Triangle, Pi).

Hanabi and Ikebana has the unfortunate artwork choice for the multi-colored cards - instead of each corner depicting a number in multiple colors, each corner has a number in a different single color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
Microbadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fanMicrobadge: The Crew: The Quest For Planet 9 fanMicrobadge: Dice Hate MeMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
zenpunk wrote:
I suggest finding an old copy of the game, like Hanabi & Ikebana, where the symbols are a bit larger and more distinct. And the cards are, imo, a LOT prettier too. I'd get that one if I could find it.
I believe zenpunk was mistaken here. The original Hanabi and Ikebana version is the absolute worst for color blindness, don't get it! He was probably thinking about the Abacusspeile edition, which has simple and easy to distinguish symbols on it. Of the available editions to purchase, it is far and away the most color blind friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls