Hide
3 Posts

Ricochet Robots» Forums » Variants

Subject: Who is playing Ricochet Robot with selfmade custom boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rubo 77
msg tools
We are not playing the game on the standard boards anymore but we paint our own more challenging custom boards on a paperboard:
From gallery of rubo77

We throw a coin on the board to select a random target. Then we roll a dice which robot must go there.

The time-limit for others to find a shorter solution is boring too, we have unlimited time to find the minimum for each puzzle, sometimes we put our tactics together to find a shorter solution than any of us alone.

Who else is playing the game like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Henke
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Nürburgring fanMicrobadge: 24 hours of Le Mans fanMicrobadge: Ricochet Robots fan
Awesome! cool

I haven't played any custom boards yet. Unfortunately there are not many Ricochet Robots fans in my family or among my friends, I rarely get a chance to play even the standard boards with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Henke
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Nürburgring fanMicrobadge: 24 hours of Le Mans fanMicrobadge: Ricochet Robots fan
Btw. there is a solver program that supports custom boards like this one. whistle

Interpreting the photo and assuming that robot #3 is the blue one (as a programmer, I always think of them in RGBY order), here is the board to be loaded into DriftingDroids.

(prepare game -> custom board -> load... -> copy&paste the following text)
Quote:
!DriftingDroids_game!D6A18779!AAAEL3jaY2BgYBAAYRYg4QnEwUA8GYhjGJhY2RnRAANhwAgnU
EQZ8arHrhZZE7IYYXfAVDBSCNCcx4jGhsszwvkoChiRdUEczojGxxtKjMg2YQkrvHxGyr0/4uJ7NAFg
xD8ItzMxQUhGAPEzBFA=!
It then looks like this:
From gallery of smack42

Sorry for being off-topic. Have fun anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls