Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to clarify if this is correct: You can use all card abilities with Secondary Weapons (Han's reroll, for example), just no range modifications for either side.

I think there is another card that gives you one extra attack die, not sure if it specifically says Primary or not. I do know Gunner and Luke's ability refers specifically to Primary attacks via the FAQ. Just trying to get my head around the exceptions between P and S attacks.

Sorry if this has been asked too much, I've been lurking and haven't seen these so far. I will gladly take links to other threads if they exist.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"all card abilities" is too vast. It's a case by case basis IMHO.

For example, Captain Jonus' ability gives 2 dice rerolls whenever a buddy ship uses a secondary weapon only. Howlrunner gives a 1 die reroll whenever a buddy ship attacks with main weapons.

You're right about Jan Ors, it can boost any attack by 1 die, primary or secondary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Lin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you are talking about is Jan Ors, a pilot card of HWK-290, which ability is "When another friendly ship at range 1~3 is attacking, if you have no stress tokens, you may receive 1 stress token to allow that ship to roll additional attack dice."

By the way, notice that in third wave there is a referecne card says "bomb cards are not secondary weapons." Just to mention that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the exact wording on all cards. If the card says 'attack', then it applies to all attacks, primary or secondary. If an ability specifically says 'primary weapon' or 'secondary weapon', then that ability only applies to those types of attacks.

Regarding adding an extra attack die, I think you may be talking about the Expose card. This card specifically says to increase your primary weapon value by 1, so it only applies to primary attacks.

Jan Ors's pilot ability, on the other hand, says 'roll one additional attack die', so it can apply to a primary or secondary attack.

Edit: So much ninjas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if anything just says "attack" and it isn't errata or FAQ-clarified, I can just assume they mean both, at least as a general rule?

Also, did not see the bomb reference, thanks.

Edit: you just ninja'd me! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
So if anything just says "attack" and it isn't errata or FAQ-clarified, I can just assume they mean both, at least as a general rule?

Also, did not see the bomb reference, thanks.

Not even a general rule or an assumption - it just is If it just says "attack" it works regardless of what weapon you're using.

The bomb reference is a handy clarification, but is also in the core rules. Secondary weapons have the "Attack" header, which bombs do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.