Subject: Plugged in Tour FFG Reps? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I asked my local Plugged in Tour location if there would be designers or just regular staff from Ffg, I was told it would just be regular staff.

Then I read a session report from Albany that mentioned Damon Stone.

So, I am asking if we can get a role call from the different tour locations of the FFG staff present. This way we might be able to have a rough idea of who to expect at the different locations upcoming.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Niles, IL had Lukas (lead designer) and Ian Don't-Know-His-Last-Name (design team).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hutchinson
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to the Plugged In on Friday in Glen Burnie, Josh? I have it on good authority that Damon will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Albany and Damon Stone, that guy is awesome.

From here on out, if anyone speaks ill of Damon on these forums I challenge them to fist-i-cuffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lag0s wrote:
Are you going to the Plugged In on Friday in Glen Burnie, Josh? I have it on good authority that Damon will be there.

Yup. Last I checked with Paul, the assistant manager there at Games and Stuff, he said that w there would be no designers present. I am glad that has changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scud-O wrote:
Niles, IL had Lukas (lead designer) and Ian Don't-Know-His-Last-Name (design team).

Birdsall is his name. Chicago had them playing non-stop challenge decks, and winning fairly consistently. One tip for GRNDL, which claimed many a challenger: focus on the ice breakers last, and bring as many ways to mess w/damage as possible (includes imp to trash cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. R.
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Damon was in Massachusetts today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
beepers wrote:
Damon Stone was playing challengers [...] He had the awesome new Jinteki cards that were spoiled yesterday.

That's funny. Damon said in an interview to Team Covenant that people were playing Jinteki wrongly by "trying to end the Runner's runs", and now he's using Wraparound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beepers wrote:
Post-tournament, he told a new player he just taught a hint: "f*** the forums", which everyone completely broke out laughing at. Sorry forums, but you're a hivemind.

That's not a nice thing to say. A lot of people come here looking for help, and they get it. This is where I got my help when I was new, and it's still where I go first to look for answers.

I'm sure these forums are reducing their support workload.

Oh well..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b a n j o wrote:
malhaku wrote:
Speaking of Albany and Damon Stone, that guy is awesome.

From here on out, if anyone speaks ill of Damon on these forums I challenge them to fist-i-cuffs.

Agreed. Damon was awesome. Owens, you were awesome too.

You're too kind, sir.

That event was just awesome. Totally worth the 3 hour drive.

------

As for the forums comments, he's not saying f-the-forums for people helping each other. He's saying it for all of the discussions of balance, 'broken' mechanics, and basically all of the endless second guessing of FGG's handling of the game when they've done nothing but an exemplary job thus far.

Damon seems very proud of the work he's done with Netrunner and I think he should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beepers wrote:
...It was fun to watch all the contortions of the challenger's faces when they ran into new, damaging Ice.

My favorite part of Saturday was when someone was playing Damon's Jinteki deck. Their only breaker was Crypsis. On a run, Damon rezzes Swordsman and leans back with a big smile. Onlookers (including myself) all react with "oooh"s and "Oh man"s. A comments along the lines of "His rig is wrecked" was made. The runner had been staring at the card... blinked a few times... then exclaims "I don't even give a s*&%, this is awesome!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stuart (organized play guy) was in Manchester, Albany, and Boston. Damon was also in Boston.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Stuart (organized play guy) was in Manchester, Albany, and Boston. Damon was also in Boston.

(jeez, I'm talking too much in this thread)

Stuart was also super cool! My Albany day ended with an epic match against his GRNDL challenge deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
etherial wrote:

(jeez, I'm talking too much in this thread)

Stuart was also super cool! My Albany day ended with an epic match against his GRNDL challenge deck.

Mine was also pretty epic. I think we were at Match Point for 45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brook
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
At both Pastimes (who really need a sign out front, we spent 20 minutes trying to find the place) and Chicagoland Games and Dice Dojo, Lukas (designer) and Ian (Organized Play Associate) pretty much epitomized what I figured FFG's staff would be like. Funny, patient, and brutal at the game. Always listening to ideas, being completely open about why the tour is there (all the cards in the challenge decks were 100% there to be "leaked"), and were extremely patient with all of us who screwed up our score cards, dropped early, or battered them with endless questions. Both also weathered the storm of the tourney tracking database crashing... at both events. Add to that the simultaneous Magic tourney at Pastimes (It looked like the pictures of GenCon in there) and the cramped spaces of Chicagoland G&DD (thank goodness we only got 80 instead of the anticipated 110) and it was... well.. a damned fun time.

I know it sucks for everyone who couldn't be near one of these. But I highly suspect they'll do more of them, and that time comes I'll probably do everything in my power to get there. Hopefully I won't have to drive as far as the Breaking News crew, but who knows!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How early in the day are they actually there playing games and doing demos? The tournaments don't start until the afternoon (?) but apparently FFG staff have been there in the morning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brook
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
We arrived about an hour before actual registration started to both events thanks to some confusion on our parts. Demos and challenges were already going strong at that point. A lot of talking shop too. I think I walked into Pastimes and Lukas and another person were engaged in the back with a whole crowd around them (as more GRENDL spoilers came out).

You could always tell when something new hit the table on the 5th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many Alt-art IDs could one person get?

Do you get:

one per challenge + one for the tourney entry?

or

one for any number of challenges + one for the tourney entry? (ie. 2 max)

I want 2 so I can sleeve them back to back. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brook
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
One for playing in the tourney. I don't know if the people who did legit demos got any or not (I would assume so). All the challenges I personally saw were from people in the tourney already.

I did get one for each day. Also, it seemed like there were a lot of drops after round 1 - I think FFG still has an issue with people grabbing the card and leaving.

Also, if you won a challenge, you got a signed Scorched earth card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Athenor wrote:
One for playing in the tourney. I don't know if the people who did legit demos got any or not (I would assume so). All the challenges I personally saw were from people in the tourney already.

I did get one for each day. Also, it seemed like there were a lot of drops after round 1 - I think FFG still has an issue with people grabbing the card and leaving.

Also, if you won a challenge, you got a signed Scorched earth card.

That's a good haul! =)

So you didn't get an alt-art card for playing through a staff challenge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean H
United States
Jeffersonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:

No. On a loss, Lucas/Ian took your autograph on the card that killed you as a trophy, and on a win you got an autographed Scorch as a trophy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunhere wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:

No. On a loss, Lucas/Ian took your autograph on the card that killed you as a trophy, and on a win you got an autographed Scorch as a trophy.

hm... I wonder if I'd want the autograph or not... I should probably think about that just in case I'm fortunate enough to win one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
Dunhere wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:

hm... I wonder if I'd want the autograph or not... I should probably think about that just in case I'm fortunate enough to win one.

I had Stuart autograph my Runner Identity, which was alt art Gabe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brook
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
etherial wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:
Dunhere wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:

I had Stuart autograph my Runner Identity, which was alt art Gabe.

Damnit, I should've asked for that! Especially given that this is my 4th or 5th alt art scorched. Small meta in my town, but fierce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.