Subject: another Solo question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry. W.

Chandler
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did try to find the answer here in the forums.. and there are a few that similar but not my exact issue.

I have 3 depts that each have one cartel base and one cartel guerrilla. this is all that are in play and in those depts the other base space it taken... so when an op comes up.. I answer yes to rally as I have more than 10 pieces.

its seems that I can not rally at all and just end up passing (which I have for several turns) each bullet I can not do.. unless I'm not comprehending the bullets correctly:
1) cant place base (none have 2 cartel guerrillas)
2) none are active and no cubes
3) no bases (only 3 out there) are alone and have one guerrilla each
4) place to cultivate for a base ..which they cant as all base spaces in the 3 that have cartel are full. and those spaces are the ONLY place cartel pieces are located.

so i seem locked in a continual pass each time cartels must op.
I am assuming this is not right.. I must be not understanding something.

please help

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gerry,

I believe you can do something. (4) says to rally somewhere which could then be 'cultivated' to place a base.

The cultivate special action allows cartels to place a base in a department just selected for rally, as long as said department is not a 0 population department, and as long as cartels guerrillas outnumber police there.

So you choose randomly from departments with pop >0 and no police, rally a guerrilla there, then cultivate in that same department to place a base there. I can't remember off the top of my head if you can cultivate in more than one space per turn; I don't think you can.

Cartels can get bases out really easily, the swine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry. W.

Chandler
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so a cultivate only needs 1 cartel guerrilla to make a base? I thought , as it is throughout the game, you need 2 guerrillas to make a base. so in your example , I roll for a random place, place one guerrilla then can cultivate with just one guerrilla (that I just placed) and place a base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
Wales
Nr. Llanidloes
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Phoenyx wrote:
so a cultivate only needs 1 cartel guerrilla to make a base? I thought , as it is throughout the game, you need 2 guerrillas to make a base. so in your example , I roll for a random place, place one guerrilla then can cultivate with just one guerrilla (that I just placed) and place a base?
Correct. Also, the Guerilla is not removed during Cultivate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry. W.

Chandler
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow...ok. you would think there would be a small note stating that cultivate has that difference in that you dont need 2 guerrilla to place the base.

thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it is a Special Action. It is not a "Rally", so don't follow what is says under Rally - follow what is says under "Cultivate". And follow it to the letter, as best as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls