Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fans of Fantasy Frontier, the time has arrived!

Fantasy Frontier finishes its Kickstarter campaign in less than 48 hours!

Several stretch goals have been reached and several more are on the horizon.

Please stop by the Kickstarter page and pledge your support!

You will be getting Fantasy Frontier cheaper than retail and your pledge will go towards making it a better quality product.

Thank you very much! Follow the link below to visit the Kickstarter page.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/fantasy-frontier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
cheaper than retail

(Except for those of us outside the US, who'd have to pay $90 for a Kickstarter copy. I certainly hope the retail price will be less than $90...? There aren't even any bulk order options that can be shipped outside the US for us to make group orders.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the 5th player goal was moved up ahead of the other ones (which are not nearly as interesting), many people would start adding the extra $15. Even if it was just most of the existing backers, without even considering new ones yet, the funding would get very close to the $ that was originally listed for the 5th player. Let's say 600 of the current backers wanted the 5th player add-on. That's $9k more right away, almost there! Unless $49k really is a hard minimum, this would benefit the campaign a lot, especially in this last stretch. And it might even allow the total to exceed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
If the 5th player goal was moved up ahead of the other ones (which are not nearly as interesting), many people would start adding the extra $15. Even if it was just most of the existing backers, without even considering new ones yet, the funding would get very close to the $ that was originally listed for the 5th player. Let's say 600 of the current backers wanted the 5th player add-on. That's $9k more right away, almost there! Unless $49k really is a hard minimum, this would benefit the campaign a lot, especially in this last stretch. And it might even allow the total to exceed that.

I agree. I would rather have a 5th player expansion than the detailed bag or stories on the faction cards. They are all great goals but my priority is on in game mechanics and options as opposed to the detail on the box and bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like the 5th player, but since I already payed $90 for the game, I wait to see if $49k is reached before throwing in my $15 extra.

Now less than 20 hours left and it's at $39k, but I still hope! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas, I also had to pledge 90$ but I decided to add my extra 15$ up front to make sure we are getting closer to 49k. Please think about adding the 15$ right now to help reach to goal. What I will do is sit and watch if we reach it and if we clearly turn out to fail, I will lower my pledge to 90$. That way I make sure my money is in for the stretch goal right where we need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
alextfish wrote:
Quote:
cheaper than retail

(Except for those of us outside the US, who'd have to pay $90 for a Kickstarter copy. I certainly hope the retail price will be less than $90...? There aren't even any bulk order options that can be shipped outside the US for us to make group orders.)

There is an option for bulk ordering at the International level with add-on games.

If you have other friends wanting to back the game than you can order multiple copies and save money that way. You can pledge for up to 4 copies and each additional copy is $70. So it would only be $75 each instead of the $90 with 4 people getting games. So all 4 of you could save $15 each off shipping. OR if you only have 2 others, than it is about $77 each game. $13 saving for each of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I did miss the add-on options. OK, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
My money is a little tight right now and there weren't any addons that interested me. If the Black Dragon came at a lower tier then I would have scraped together some money. I imagine if the Black Dragon was an earlier item to unlock then you would have cleared $49K easy.

As it is I will be watching for the general release and hopefully the Black Dragon in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with others - the Black Dragon needed to appear earlier in the stretch goals. Being an unlocked addon (and not a free addition to your pledge) it would have easily paid for itself at a lower unlock level. As it is, I really like the gameplay, but without the fifth player option, I can't justify bringing it to my table. Many of those stretch goals seem unimpressive (inner box art...?).

I wish Gamelyn games a lot of luck and I hope to play a demo at BGG-Con but I can't back it as it stands right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you keep us backers posted on the production status etc. during the winter here? I hope so! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
zwinx wrote:
Will you keep us backers posted on the production status etc. during the winter here? I hope so! :-)

You bet!

At this time the files are being finished by the graphic designer and will be ready to enter soft proofing by Nov. 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.