Germany
Fürth
Franconia
flag msg tools
badge
#alwaysberunning
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some few questions (couldn't find the answers in this section):

1. A completely stripped planet is being attacked. Is the "owner" allowed to defend it in a normal manner. That means playing an encounter card, asking for allies, etc.? Or is he forced to defend it on his own with just one encounter card ("stationary defense")?

2. Random alien plays a Morph card versus "Deuce". Deuce revealed two attack cards (08, 15). Will the total number (23) be morphed or just one of them? If so, then which of them is being morphed? Does Deuce have to say which of his two cards is his main one?

3. Can a player choose to defend with zero ships even if he has 1-4 on that planet? Or is it mandatory to use at least one ship if there is one left?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
laexpls wrote:
Just some few questions (couldn't find the answers in this section):

1. A completely stripped planet is being attacked. Is the "owner" allowed to defend it in a normal manner. That means playing an encounter card, asking for allies, etc.? Or is he forced to defend it on his own with just one encounter card ("stationary defense")?
There's nothing special about defending a planet which the defense has no colony on. It works exactly like every other encounter; the defense just has 0 ships of his own to add to the total (and potentially lose).

Note that if other players have colonies on that planet, they are completely irrelevant. They're not at risk and don't add to the defense, even if those players are allied with the defense. They'd still need to send their own ships (possibly, but not necessarily, from the colonies on that planet).

Quote:
2. Random alien plays a Morph card versus "Deuce". Deuce revealed two attack cards (08, 15). Will the total number (23) be morphed or just one of them? If so, then which of them is being morphed? Does Deuce have to say which of his two cards is his main one?
"As a main player, after encounter cards are selected but before they are revealed, use this power to place a second encounter card facedown off to one side. This second card is not considered your encounter card"

That's pretty clear to me...

Quote:
3. Can a player choose to defend with zero ships even if he has 1-4 on that planet? Or is it mandatory to use at least one ship if there is one left?
The defense never chooses how many ships to defend with. He always defends with all of his ships on the targeted planet. If the targeted planet has none of his ships, he's defending with 0 ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XO_rocinante
Germany
Fürth
Franconia
flag msg tools
badge
#alwaysberunning
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot! I didn't read the Deuce sheet because I thought my buddy would know what he's doing. But the funniest part is that we've played the first 10-15 rounds completely wrong. I thought you can choose how many ships are launched to defend. I feel like an idiot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls