Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavenly Seraph: "When you destroy a Creature, immediately score Heavenly Seraph (place in your Used Pile) if you have any unattached Spells in your Ready Area. / *Heavenly Seraph has no additional ability."

I made some assumptions about this ability, please confirm or object:

(1) The usage of this ability is mandatory (general assumption for all non-may-abilities).

(2) If you have more than one Heavenly Seraph but you destroy only one
Creature and have only one unattached spell in you ready area, you must nevertheless score all your Heavenly Seraphs.

(3) It doesn't matter, how you destroy a creature (attack, ability or effect) and it doesn't even matter, if you destroy your own or an enemy creature, to trigger the effect of Heavenly Seraph.

(4) If you destroy a creature in another players turn (for example during an attack), the ability of Heavenly Seraph is also triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to entertain alternative opinions about #4, but based on the creature's text, all of those assessments are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your response!

I have a follow up question: Assume, I attack with a 7-attack Heavenly Seraph (alone) and I have an unattached spell in my Ready Area. One of the other players has three creatures of defense values 2, 2 and 2. After the first of this creatures is destroyed, I have to immediately score my Heavenly Seraph.

I assume, in this situation, my attack total does not change, and the attack against all players at once will go on, because attack total is calculated before defending, and does not change after that anymore, and defending is simultaneous?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much, yes, except that defending is sequential rather than simultaneous. Look at the Phase 3 steps on pages 6–7 of the Quarmageddon rule book. Your damage is calculated in step 1, and applied in step 2. Steps 2b–2d are repeated for each defending creature, using the remaining attack total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have meant "simultaneous" regarding the players, not the creatures. You attack all players at the same time, not first player A, then player B and so on. At least this is, what the revised Quarmageddon rules say. Only in case for decision conflicts, the rules suggest to advance clockwise. Not logically, but only for convenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean. Yes, the players defend simultaneously, though each players’ creatures defend in the order of the player’s choice. That’s covered in step 2: “Each opponent follows these steps” (meaning 2a–2d), which again is after you’ve determined your total attack in step 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.