Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on game play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myke Fly
Germany
flag msg tools
PACG Playmat System with over 500 playmats
badge
Check out my free Premium PACG Playmats
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I was playing the Monk Sajan last time.

I was wondering what to do with spells i aquired. The spell itself says if you do not have the arcane or divine ability bury it. Should i directly bury it after aquiring it? May i cast it only one time like a scroll and then bury it?

More strange it gets when i look at my card list... In later levels i am allowed to have a spell in my card list... But how to cast if i dont have arcane or divine ability? Strange...

Please explain...

Thanks for your help in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hrvoje Kovacevic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use it as if it were a scroll, you are right there. Then just do as card instructs in cases you don't have required skill.

Later when you get a spell you can use it as a scroll as well, then you would just banish it after using it. For instance, take Cure "scroll", heal your self then banish the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
Imagine it says "If you do not have the Arcane (or Divine depending on spell) ability, banish this instead of discarding it." You can use it as a one off but you can't keep it longterm if you don't have the ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, note that it's BANISH not BURY. You can find the definitions of these in the manual.

Then you can either give spells to other characters, use them as 'hit points' in your deck (if you heal them from your discard pile) or cast them once then banish them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Yep - in team campaign play, we often nudge each other to discard some of those "no-fit acquires" so they can be passed to another teammate after the scenario during deck resetting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls