Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C L
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know of one...my bridge card says it blocks line of sight, which I know is incorrect. Are there any other errors in the base set I need to be aware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a excellent Memoir'44 FAQ section on the Days of Wonder website http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/

Check out the Memoir'44 forums on the DOW website for more hard-core rule discussions once you start playing with the expansions, ie. the campaign books.

There isn't any substantial errata in the base game other than the minor bridge card change and some older editions have different wording on the 'behind enemy lines' card. Check out the FAQ for the proper wording. Memoir'44 has evolved over the years and expansions with most of the so-called errors are really just tinkering with old rules. The Air Pack does contain updated base game scenarios although the scenarios in the rulebook are perfectly playable. The Air Pack scenarios mostly just add in complexity, ie. the night rules from the Pacific expansion to the Pegasus Bridge base game scenario.

The Campaign books have the largest actual misprints and errata. Although they are one of the best expansions to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C L
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks...I played the first scenario last night with my son and although we messed up a few rules, it was fun and I can really see how much this game can evolve with repeated plays and expansions. My wallet is getting very nervous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
clinz30 wrote:
Thanks...I played the first scenario last night with my son and although we messed up a few rules, it was fun and I can really see how much this game can evolve with repeated plays and expansions. My wallet is getting very nervous.
whistle Memoir '44 expansions and scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clinz30 wrote:
As the author of the FAQ, let me give a small warning about the FAQ. It's huge!! So don't get overwhelmed by all the questions and answers in it. Just look for the stuff you need and don't try to read through the whole thing all at once.

Richard Borg (the designer of this amazing game) has done a wonderful job answering every question that has ever come up, which is why the FAQ is so large. It doesn't mean the rules are broken or were exceptionally unclear...it just means the game has been around a while and people have figured out some interesting combinations and 'exceptions' to normal rules.

All along, Richard is clear that people should just have fun with the game, so don't worry about getting every single rule right. The FAQ is for tournaments or people who want to make sure they are playing by the 'right rules'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clinz30 wrote:
My wallet is getting very nervous.
Your wallet only needs to get as nervous as you let it. All of the rules for the expansions are available for free download as are all of the rules summary cards that come in the packs. If you don't mind doing proxies for terrain tiles that you don't have and unit color doesn't matter to you, you can download literally thousands of scenarios from the DoW Memoir '44 website and play them with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enjoy the game, like was said, don't get bogged down with too many rules
there is soo much to play in the base game, I took the plunge and have most of it now, but we still play mostly the base game ...
oh well, some day ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clinz30 wrote:
It doesn't have to be...... some of the expansions are out of print! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
clinz30 wrote:
It doesn't have to be...... some of the expansions are out of print! whistle
Which just meants they are a lot more expensive, actually more than they are worth IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls