Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resources for the OP Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaos Phil
msg tools
mb
Right it states on the back of the elite attack dice card:
4) Players cannot change Resources between Engagements of a Tournament. Once a player chooses a Resource, they must use that Resource for the entire Tournament.
HOWEVER
on the mission overviews it states:
In addition to normal squad building, each player may equip their fleet with EXACTLY 1 Resource. The SP costs for Resources are located on the Resource Reference cards. The player may choose from among any avalible Resources for the current Storyline OP. Players CANNOT change the Resources between battle rounds.
To me this says once a Resource is chosen it must remain in your fleet for the rest of the Tournament.
Basically if i chose the Elite Attack dice from month one, i would have to keep it for the other 5 months yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can't be change between games in a tournament. It can be changed between tournaments in an event. Ultimately though, it is up to the individual venues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why in the world would they lock you into a resource

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryolacap wrote:
Why in the world would they lock you into a resource

I can't think of a good reason, but the option remains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Dominion war participation resources are not available, they give them out each month. So it seems you would be able to use a newly available resource for the next month's event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No he is asking once you pick a resource does it lock that resource for the rest of the tourney (the next 5 months) the answer is no you can create a brand new fleet each month including resources

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silvershadow206 wrote:
Right it states on the back of the elite attack dice card:
4) Players cannot change Resources between Engagements of a Tournament. Once a player chooses a Resource, they must use that Resource for the entire Tournament.
HOWEVER
on the mission overviews it states:
In addition to normal squad building, each player may equip their fleet with EXACTLY 1 Resource. The SP costs for Resources are located on the Resource Reference cards. The player may choose from among any avalible Resources for the current Storyline OP. Players CANNOT change the Resources between battle rounds.
To me this says once a Resource is chosen it must remain in your fleet for the rest of the Tournament.
Basically if i chose the Elite Attack dice from month one, i would have to keep it for the other 5 months yes?

Agreeing with the others, you aren't locking into using any specific resource for multiple events.

I think this is a terminology thing.....it appease that, at least in this case for WK;

Engagement = 1 game of play (ex:I play DS in round 1)

Tournament = Multi-rounds of play (ex: Month 1)

Storyline Organized Play program = Multiple tournaments connected to one Grand Prize (the entire Dominion War 6 month event)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are only locked in for that day's tournament. You can use a different Resource at every tournament you attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.