Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: March 25th, 2006

Game: Fearsome Floors

Players: Denis-Éric, Hatana, Jean-François, Pierre-Luc, Rami, Ray and Valdir (myself)

Dominic had to leave us temporarily to go buy a few things in the neighbourhood market, so we were down to seven players. Ray proposed a game of Fearsome Floors. He suggested using two monsters instead of the regular one and enforce a fifteen-second "move-or-you're-stuck" rule.

The only other time I had played this game it was also in a seven-player scenario, but with only one monster. And even then all my three men were taken out, all in one single round! See the details here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/31520. So, again, I was not exactly too eager to try it...

Anyway, Ray explained the rules to all the players, I helped out a little bit with whatever I remember from that other game more than a year ago and off (or should I say, "in"?) we went...

During the first phase there were quite a bit of dead heroes, but as they can come back, that was not too much of a problem. Only one of mine got caught by one of the monsters, so I wasn't set back too much.

Soon after the second phase started, one of my heroes got out. JF was able to take one of his men soon after. However, not too long after that his two men still in the castle got eaten by one of the monsters, so he was out of contention.

Pierre-Luc was the first one completely out of the game, his three heroes were taken down by the monsters before he had a chance to get through. A few more turns and my two men were also taken out, so I could not win the game.

Rami, Ray and Denis were able to make one of their men go through the gates but ended up suffering the same fate that had fallen on JF and myself, so we were all tied with one man out each.

Hanata tried desperately to bring his sole surviving hero to the gate, but with two monsters following him, it was hard to break free. In the end, his third hero was also taken down and, therefore, he tied for last with Pierre-Luc.

According to Ray, if no one is able to take two men out, the first one with one hero going through the gates is the winner. Therefore, I won this game.

Final Score
Winner: Valdir
[/c]Not a specially convincing victory, but well, I take them as they come...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.