Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: What are dice traits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Discard this card to roll your arcane die =2d6 with the cold trait"

what does this mean? what's a cold trait?

another card says , for your combat check, discard this card to roll your aracand die plus 2d4 with the force trait.

What is a 2d4 with the force trait mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
In both cases it tells you the type of damage you inflict. Most of the time this does not matter. But look at the Hellhound card. It says:

"Add 1 die to checks to defeat the Hell Hound with the Cold trait."

So if your attack has the cold trait you get an extra die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
Welland
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those traits are needed to add to weapons so you can defeat some monsters that require that trait to defeat them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
System thinker
msg tools
It means that you roll extra dies, and your type of attack has an extra "cold trait"

For example, if your spell card got the "Magic" trait in the upper left corner of the card picture, that means it hits AS a "magic" attack.
That way it can kill the "Shadow" Monster for example, which one can only defeated if your attack has the "Magic" trait.

So if you roll extra 2d4 WITH the "cold trait" your attack hits AS a "cold" attack.

I diddnt seen some, but there might be creatures who take extra damage, when hit by attacks with the "cold" trait OR are immune to attacks with the "cold" trait. Im sure we will find out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SEONI hit HELL HOUND with Ice Beam. It's super effective!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there will be a lot more examples of these traits mattering later. For instance, in the Pathfinder RPG, devils tend to be immune to fire. So stuff like Scorching Ray or Seoni's default blast power might not work against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls