United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DD = Destiny Deck

As many of you already know, the designer standpoint on this was to use whichever style ICs your group prefers. Base game ones INclude DD being face up. The Pegasus ones that replace base game ones say to EXclude DD being face up. This is regardless of whether or not you have the Pegasus ICs.

Yet, they did keep other things from Pegasus (and even for Daybreak), like the 10-Qcard hand limit, a revealed cylon's Receive Skill Cards step must draw from different skill types, revealed cylon's turn using Caprica no longer skips the jump icon in the corner (in fact, in Exo there's no overaly reminding you of this, so you'd need to remember it).

While having the physical IC card saying not to include DD helps, some of us should already be used to having to Errata the old XOs that can't be used more than once per turn. Also, given the designer suggestion to just "pretend the ICs are one way or another", having the wrong IC wouldn't have been an issue.

I just feel that having Peg ICs is just as nice and important change as all the others I listed above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
Yes. Despite them saying it is not errata, it should be errata'd. No one should be able to know how the Lords of Kobol feel about a situation in advance. It's not thematic. Call all the Committees you want, you won't learn the fickle hand of fate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshian Grr
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally learned the game as Base Game with Pegasus ICs. Seems like that's how it should be.

If my "Big Box Edition" dreams come true, maybe they'll make it official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yann Gomez
Canada
flag msg tools
I don't have any of the expansions, but we always plays with the errata'd face-down ICs. It's such a much better play experience that I don't see any reason to ever play them the other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group plays with all four expansions, with Peggy and the CFB as standard, and just determine which destination we will play to before the game starts. So, we always have the Peggy IC cards added in before hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As someone who only owned Exodus until Daybreak came out (I now own ago the expansions), I can say with confidence that art least with Exposure only, passing with Pegasus ICs is not a fun experience. The Pegasus ICs appear in an environment with a lot of pro-human elements, which offsets the difficulty. Exodus on the other hand is pro-cylon (I'd say the jury's still out on Daybreak). ICs are already weakened somewhat by dilution of the skilldecks... and playing with the Pegasus ICs eliminates one of the few strong advantages humans have in that set up. I could see playing Pegasus ICs with only the base game, but I would refuse to play Pegasus ICs in a game with only non-Pegasus expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M.O.Check
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought FFG gave us new ICs to repair the game. For me it's simple - Investigative Committee cannot investigate destiny, because destiny is something that is unknown until it happens.

...unless you are Leoben...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Base game ICs are a completely ridiculous and totally un-fun experience for a hidden Cylon. Just for that reason alone, I think Pegasus ICs should be the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
No one should be able to know how the Lords of Kobol feel about a situation in advance.
Except Leoben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were an "official errata" instead of an "optional component", they'd have to update future printings of the base game with the changed ICs, and send a pack of replacement ICs to everyone who owns the basegame and wants them. That's clearly never going to happen.

It's true that with Exodus, the base ICs make it a lot easier to deal with Red Tape in destiny, while the occasional Trust Instincts will still obfuscate the total strength.

That's still not enough of a reason to ever go back for me. Skill checks and card preservation are the core of the game, and the base IC trivializes them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
If it were an "official errata" instead of an "optional component", they'd have to update future printings of the base game with the changed ICs, and send a pack of replacement ICs to everyone who owns the basegame and wants them. That's clearly never going to happen.

It's true that with Exodus, the base ICs make it a lot easier to deal with Red Tape in destiny, while the occasional Trust Instincts will still obfuscate the total strength.

That's still not enough of a reason to ever go back for me. Skill checks and card preservation are the core of the game, and the base IC trivializes them.
Others may have said "errata", but I stuck with "houserule" Even then, there's no obligation for them to provide new components for errata or a houserule. Tim mentioned you're free to go either way (but again, I'm saying it should've been official Peg ICs with instructions to "pretend" the base game ICs say just that). They never printed an updated base game admiral card. All the other errata pointed out in the rulebook or in the FAQ found on cards and character sheets (BTW, no new Kat char sheet), we're instructed to play it the correct way instead with no new replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: I am related to Monkeys!Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Aerospace Engineer
I always play with the DD cards face down now. This can be particularly entertaining for the CL with the OPT ability to swap out the top two cards of the DD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls