Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gee
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the other night in a four player game and a player (black) ended the game (and barely beat me by 2 points) by completing the "Kill the Shogun" mission. Another player (blue) had the "Backstab" action card that lets him remove a disciple from a district where they have disciples in the same area during phase 7.

We wanted to confirm that the "Backstab" card can only be played before the black player decides to remove a disciple to complete the mission, or if the blue player could have played that particular action card as a reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anything in the rules that addresses this type of sequence, but if were me I'd rule that the player who announced the mission had the required disciples in the required districts and that the announced action card was played too late to have any effect. I believe cards like this should be played either before any actions are taken during Phase 7 or during the owning player's turn, but certainly prior to a player announcing his action. This is just my opinion, nothing official, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I think whoever holds up their card (either the mission card or the action card) first, and says they are using it, gets to go first. Once someone completes a mission it's too late to take stuff from them, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gee
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I figured. I mean, that's how we decided to do it. There are also cards that specify they can/only be played as reactions. Just wanted to get a consensus to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed !
 Thumb up