Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Verduzco
United States
Brownsville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
He Who Listens
Microbadge: Pink Floyd fanMicrobadge: PsychologistMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Pink Floyd fan
Someone told me that there's a way to "reset" the buildings in the Builder's Hall, I can't find in the rulebook or in the FAQS if there's a way ... Does any one know if this is possible ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
Never heard of such a thing myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, there isn't. There is an intrigue card that lets you discard a building you have to replace it with one from the hall...but that's the closest thing I can think of from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
There isn't (as far as I know) but it is something I have wanted when playing. Oftentimes we get a set of buildings that no one wants to buy and buildings are essentially left out of the rest of the game. It'd be nice to reset them once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a great Intrigue card, wouldn't it? Maybe something like...

"Pay 2 gold. Remove the current buildings and their VP's from the game, then add three new ones from the Building stack. If you can afford to, you must buy one of the new buildings from Builder's Hall, but you do not assign an additional agent to do so."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Murphy
United States
Medford
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I've heard of it. You can definitely reset the available quests though, maybe they just got the terms crossed a bit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the devs will see this post and make a card for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can reset the quests but not the buildings, maybe your friend got confused?

In addition to the intrigue cards mentioned above there is a quest that when completed gives you all three buildings in the hall, effectively resetting it. That's the closest thing to a building reset I can think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
I have never seen a quest like that. Is it in the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
I have never seen a quest like that. Is it in the expansion?
Yeah, it's an expansion quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The accumulating VPs are supposed to be the incentive to buy buildings. It's exceedingly rare for all three buildings to not only be not worth buying but so not worth buying that the instant VP boost doesn't compensate for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
The accumulating VPs are supposed to be the incentive to buy buildings. It's exceedingly rare for all three buildings to not only be not worth buying but so not worth buying that the instant VP boost doesn't compensate for it.
Yep, at the end of the game if you don't need the money for a better quest then spending say four gold to get five or six points isn't a bad deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray Detrick
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Visit www.grubs.link for info!
badge
He/They. Married. Cat lover.
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
SlebRittie wrote:
Yep, at the end of the game if you don't need the money for a better quest then spending say four gold to get five or six points isn't a bad deal.
Agreed. Gold being only worth 1/2 a victory point each at the end should eventually make any building worthwhile to build.

I would argue, thematically, that the Builders at the Builder's Hall have already built these buildings, you're just buying the building and opening it for business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls