Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revive:
•If a player loses a battle, they can pay 5 from their hand to Revive themselves and attempt the battle again.

Bigger Market and/or Chance Market:
•Bigger Market: 3 cards in the market instead of 2.
(Reason being that often in games, no one wants anything in the market, and so the same 2 cards remain there for the whole game, with 3 cards, there's bound to be something that at least 1 player wants.)
•Chance Market: The top card of the marketplace becomes a random Market item.
(So if you don't need either of the two items currently in the market, you can take a chance and get a random one from the top of the deck.)

Trading
•After a player exists the dungeon, they may trade with another player.
To trade, declare what you need (Fame Points, Treasure Points, Artifact Points, Mushrooms, or something else), and ask if anyone has that, then you can trade a card of an equal value for it (Level 1 for Level 1, Level 2 for Level 2, and Level 3 for Level 3, or a combination of cards that equal the level.)
•Often times a player who doesn't need to collect Shrooms will kill a Fungoid Scout or collect Dusk Shrooms while in the dungeon. With this rule, a player who does need Shrooms can trade with them.

Zogar's Crazy Gaze
•"Zogar's Gaze" cards become Wild Cards.
When a player discovers a "Zogar's Gaze" card in the dungeon, they place it face-up in front of them. Zogar's Gaze cards are Wild cards that can count as 2 FP, 2AP, 2 TP, or 2 Shrooms. Zogar's Gaze cards still count toward Zogar winning the game, though.
•They do not go into a players hand, and they do not count as loot from the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem with this variant is that it doesn't address the #1 problem in this game. It takes forever to find the 1 card you are looking for with your class card. There's only 1 of them in the deck (with the exception of the guy who has to kill the Wraith). Even with the variant I came up with, this is still the main complaint of people who end up losing the game.

Trading? If someone saw me draw a dusk shroom and asked to trade, I'd laugh and say "Well I know what you need" and then never give it to them. The secrecy of what you need is key to this game.

Chance Market...I'm pretty sure this is a real rule. You can pull the top card off the top of the deck for a random chance at something good.

Revive - This one could actually be good. I could see someone with a bunch of level 1 useless cards throwing them to push their luck a little more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
My problem with this variant is that it doesn't address the #1 problem in this game. It takes forever to find the 1 card you are looking for with your class card. There's only 1 of them in the deck (with the exception of the guy who has to kill the Wraith). Even with the variant I came up with, this is still the main complaint of people who end up losing the game.
It's not a variant, these are just possible rule additions.

Quote:
Trading? If someone saw me draw a dusk shroom and asked to trade, I'd laugh and say "Well I know what you need" and then never give it to them. The secrecy of what you need is key to this game.
I guess if you play the game very competitively, it wouldn't work, but I don't think everyone plays the game the way you do.

Quote:
Chance Market...I'm pretty sure this is a real rule. You can pull the top card off the top of the deck for a random chance at something good.
I don't recall this being in the rules, but I didn't look before posting this.

Quote:
Revive - This one could actually be good. I could see someone with a bunch of level 1 useless cards throwing them to push their luck a little more.
Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. The Market. In this phase the player is
allowed the opportunity to trade cards from
their hand, which they deem worthless to
their quest, for a single market card. Players
may choose one of the two visible cards in the
market or- gamble and pick the top card off
the deck
. Only one card may be purchased per
turn.
Just FYI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I read it afterward. Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls