Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Just wanted to clarify if fleeing the play area happens based on the final position of the ship after movement or it happens if any of the template goes off the edge (even if the ship's base then ends fully within the boundary).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
Final position of the ship only, the template may cross into the negative zone, but the base must start and end completely in the play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you basing that on?

I would have thought if the maneuver template goes off the board even a little the ship is lost. Much the same way a template only needs to touch a minefield to set it off.

I didn't see anything in the rulebook, am I missing something?

Edit:

I checked again and the rules say if any part of your base leaves the play area. So the question is do you move your ship along your template or does it teleport from one end to the other.

I would say by RAW, the template can go off the board. But I would still not want to play that way as it seems to violate the spirit of the game.

Andrew, want to ring in on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mbmb
There are several instances that indicate the ship does not always 'move along the template' during movement.

In particular, the minefields from OP1 only detonate if the ship's base OR the maneuver template overlap the mine counter.

If your maneuver template is half a mm from the mine counter, you do not trigger the mines, even though (logically) the base of the ship would sweep over the counter as you move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Dungeon Alliance Champions (October 2019)
badge
Dungeon Alliance Champions (October 2019)
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the base's final position matters for this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I base it on my experience with x-wing, where I am undefeated in tournament play. I also went undefeated in month 1. the rules for both systems are extremely close with a couple of exceptions, (cloaking, and running into other ships and being able to shoot that ship).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls