Terry R
msg tools
Hello!

If you complete a scenario that awards a random boon - and you choose a Blessing - do the Blessings in the Blessing Deck (for that scenario) get mixed in with the Blessings in the box?

Or, are Blessings in the Blessing Deck for that scenario not subject to being randomly picked as an award?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
-
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules mention taking the scenario rewards before they mention putting cards back in the box, but they don't really say one way or the other.

I don't think it makes much difference, so I'd play it whichever way is more convenient for you. Personally I take rewards before I put everything away, so I wouldn't mix in the blessing deck until after the rewards were taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not totally clear on the timing after completing a scenario, but i can tell you what makes most sense to me and how i have been playing it.

I would think you immediately gain the reward before you put cards back into the box, so the blessing deck and maybe even some cards from locations that were temporarly closed to corner the Villain would not be in the box when drawing rewards. Seems to fit the story better to do it this way, since itis nice to get the reward of the scenario before doing the rest of the clean up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry R
msg tools
medwards and Tracker1: very helpful (and quick!) responses - thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TRheault wrote:
Hello!

If you complete a scenario that awards a random boon - and you choose a Blessing - do the Blessings in the Blessing Deck (for that scenario) get mixed in with the Blessings in the box?

Or, are Blessings in the Blessing Deck for that scenario not subject to being randomly picked as an award?

Thank you!
Unofficially:
If you look on page 18 of the rulebook, it goes like this.
If the players meet the conditions for winning on the scenario card,
your group defeats the scenario and earns the reward listed on the
scenario card.

And then on page 19, after you've done that:
Once you’ve completed a scenario, whether you win or lose, rebuild
your character deck (see Between Games, below). Put all other cards
back into the box.

So you get your reward before any cards go back into the box, including those in the blessings deck. Hope that helps.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls