Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered that if you edit a posting, and add new dice rolls to it, and use the preview feature, then you can see the results of the newly added dice rolls before you actually submit the edit. That seems like a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
Admins: Please wait for me to join a few pbf games before addressing this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it's not really that easy to "cheat" with this, because it only occurs when you're editing your posting, and then your posting will display as Edited, which is frowned on in most PBF games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
Exactly.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I discovered that if you edit a posting, and add new dice rolls to it, and use the preview feature, then you can see the results of the newly added dice rolls before you actually submit the edit. That seems like a bug.
This is intentional and not a bug, as far as I'm aware. You can preview to check your roll worked, but you can't edit or delete it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
This is intentional and not a bug, as far as I'm aware.
What's the benefit of allowing you to see the result of your roll before you post it when you edit a post, but not when you create a new post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
This is intentional and not a bug, as far as I'm aware.
What's the benefit of allowing you to see the result of your roll before you post it when you edit a post, but not when you create a new post?
because when you edit, the added roll WILL show up on the post. if you cancel the edit, the roll will not be visible in the text but it will show in the list at the bottom.

whereas during create, seeing a bad roll you might cheat by not posting at all, therefore the only record of your roll being in the thread rolls, and not many check that.

I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls