brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
thed0n100 wrote:
The rules aren't clear about this, in a 3 and 4 player game what happens at the start of each subsequent round in regards to the start player?
A) Start player token moves to the next player each round.
or
B) The same player starts every round and the start token does not move.
or
C) The player that is next in turn order after the player who ended the previous round starts the next round there by making the start token irrelevant after setup.

The answer is C. Though I am not sure why the start player token is irrelevant. There is a bit of maintenance between rounds so it is a good reminder of who exactly that person is that will start the next round.

This is in the rules (quite clearly, I might add) under page 5 of Meditation:

Quote:
Meditation (turn a Time token)
If you do not want to take an action, turn a Time token from top of the pile and put it on a second
pile of turned Time tokens. Doing so does not finish the Action Phase for you! Once it is your turn again,
you may still take another action.
However, once the last Time token has been turned, the Action Phase is over. The player who turned this last token, gains
1 influence point. The player to his left receives the start player figure. He will be the start player in the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, page 5 wrote:
However, once the last Time token has been turned, the Action Phase is over. The player who turned this last token, gains
1 influence point. The player to his left receives the start player figure. He will be the start player in the next round.

It's better when you have a rules question to lead with, "I can't find in the rules where it explains..." rather than "the rules aren't clear about..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
It's better when you have a rules question to lead with, "I can't find in the rules where it explains..." rather than "the rules aren't clear about..."

THANK YOU!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.