Popular Tags: [View All]
It's just a ride...
Wales
Nr. Llanidloes
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm currently going through the the first Propaganda phase of the solo playthrough I am writing up, and am in the Redeploy section of the Redeploy phase.

In 8.6.7 Redeploy, it tells us to keep Government troops spread evenly.

I'm not sure what this means in the context of the non player decision making process.

Can anyone help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To the degree possible within the normal Redeploy rule (6.5.2), distribute Troop cubes among the spaces concerned so as to result in like numbers in each.

For example, let's say there are 12 Troops Redeploying and 4 destination spaces they can go to; 2 of those spaces (A&B) already have 3 Govt Troops each, the other 2 spaces (C&D) have 1 Govt Troop each. Of the 12, 2 Troops would go to each A and B, 4 Troops would go to each C and D, so as to keep Govt Troops spread evenly (in this case, 5 per space).

Where multiple candidates for odd cubes, use Random Spaces to pick.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
Wales
Nr. Llanidloes
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks!

Seems obvious when you put it like that, but I just couldn't figure it out last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch out also for the Redeploy of Police per 8.6.7. The "spread as evenly as possible among Provinces and Kabul" language might lead you to believe that the Police should also be "spread evenly" in spaces that have COIN Control, but contain no COIN Bases. Other than Redeploying Police to maintain COIN Control and to add 2 to each of the 3 and 4 Econ Locs, I believe this "Provinces" language with reference to "spread evenly" refers only to those Provinces which also contain COIN Bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the context, here's the whole rule:

Quote:
8.6.7 Redeploy. Ensure COIN Control of Kabul (without losing other
Control, 8.1.2), then keep Government Troops spread evenly (6.5.2).
Redeploy Police (6.5.3) to maintain Control (such as where Troops
left), then to have 2 Police on each 3- and 4- Econ LoC, spread as
evenly as possible among Provinces and Kabul.
For Police, first priority is to send them where they are needed to maintain COIN Control, in just enough numbers to do so. Next priority is to get enough of them on the big LoCs. Within those priorities, Redeploy to spread Police evenly among Provinces and Kabul (by the Redeploy rule, 6.5.3, this will only be into COIN-Controlled spaces).

Nothing here about Bases!

Cheers! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clay
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey Volko,

Love your games! Trying out solitaire for the first time with a distant plan.

I have another question on the non-player Government during the redeploy phase.

Specifically about police.

If there are police on provinces where there is NOT COIN control should those be redeployed back to the safety of a COIN controlled province or Kabul?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. They may be used to Redeploy to maintain Control elsewhere or to guard LoCs; other than that they do not Redeploy.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clay
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up