Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Answer: Pepsi
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him. // AT: Then I will avenge his death. // DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way. // AT: I am no Jedi.
Microbadge: Sara Bareilles fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: DarksaberMicrobadge: Star Wars Lightsaber - Ahsoka TanoMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Section 19.3A states that when your Bernal leaves its start orbit you lose your [legacy crew] faction privilege.

Is this loss effective the *instant* the Bernal leaves the space, or does it first start to apply after that movement is completed?

The specific situation I'm looking at involves a UN Bernal equipped with a generator/reactor setup that needs radiator support. It starts at HEO, so to move any direction (aside from LEO) requires a pass through a VAB radiation point. Does it maintain the cycler protection just long enough to get out safely, or would you have to have make a radiation roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Cursed!Microbadge: Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001-? fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Fallen Land fan
I believe you lose the faction privilege after you move, so you would get a free pass (once) through the VAB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Columbus Area Boardgaming SocietyMicrobadge: Devoted FatherMicrobadge: I create Vassal modulesMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Commissioned fan
That's how I've played it in all my testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Answer: Pepsi
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him. // AT: Then I will avenge his death. // DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way. // AT: I am no Jedi.
Microbadge: Sara Bareilles fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: DarksaberMicrobadge: Star Wars Lightsaber - Ahsoka TanoMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Getting that one free exit pass would keep it consistent with calculating modified thrust, so unless Phil posts saying something different, I'll go with that.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden W├╝rtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Bios: Megafauna fanMicrobadge: Origins: How We Became Human fanMicrobadge: Pax Porfiriana fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fan
oninoted wrote:
I believe you lose the faction privilege after you move, so you would get a free pass (once) through the VAB
I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls