Ladies & Gentlemen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ladies revealing information to husbands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xiong ie
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, how we did it so far is, when ladies go "bye darling, have a great day!" to their husbands in the morning, the next time they actually talk will be when they get home in the evening. What we couldn't control is, while the ladies bring back a bunch of stuffs for the husbands, by telling the husbands, "I just want THAT pretty dress, the rest aren't important." even without uttering a word of the maid or gossip cards, IS as good as revealing those informations. So how do you guys go about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xiongie wrote:
So, how we did it so far is, when ladies go "bye darling, have a great day!" to their husbands in the morning, the next time they actually talk will be when they get home in the evening. What we couldn't control is, while the ladies bring back a bunch of stuffs for the husbands, by telling the husbands, "I just want THAT pretty dress, the rest aren't important." even without uttering a word of the maid or gossip cards, IS as good as revealing those informations. So how do you guys go about this?
I see nothing wrong with that. Just as when the Gentlemen come home from the Stock Market they can comment on whether it's been a good or a bad day along with their turn order report.

The point of the game isn't to have the Gentlemen guess what the Ladies want. The Ladies should only be passing them things they DO want in the first place!

Mentioning maids in passing seems fine to me as well, just be aware that the other Ladies can use that intel against you if you're too clear about it.

But Gentlemen can't be expected to know a whit about fashion, so it's up to their Ladies to make sure they're passing a culled and thoughtful selection of items for purchase. Conversational suggestions are perfectly fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiong ie
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really? Cause I find the most interesting part is the wives wanting stuffs husbands deny them from due to bad decision or the lack of money, and sharing maid informations make it really out of theme.

And just as you say, wives should be passing husbands stuffs they DO want, and we wanted to let the husbands be the head of the household picking stuffs out for them wives, and not just focusing on winning through mysterious bonus points maids give, and some of us ladies like to be evil and prevent others from getting certain things, and that's where we wanted the risk to be, to have the husbands make the choice of purchase, rather than, "just buy that", which most players will do since, why wouldn't they? Wives have all the winning information after all, and in turn makes playing husbands a very passive role.

I wonder how this was actually intended..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the Gentlemen are responsible for making money and getting a good turn order ... and chortling about how so-and-so's wife is so demanding and tut-tutting about how women shouldn't be privy to the complicated ways of money and stock market work.

I've played four or five times now and only once have I been given a direct clue about Maids and that came from how dissatisfied my Lady was when I gifted her with a servant that was directly at odds with her current one (she wound up with both of the "these two designers" maids!) and was very much put off because of it!

I don't think the game is benefitted by giving the Gentlemen any kind of tactical role as that's when people would surely start to game the system.

As it stands, sure the Gentlemen are a more passive but still very important role as without money and without first dibs on a store's inventory, the Ladies have a much harder time pulling together just the right outfit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way that works best for me is for the ladies to communicate in a way that does not show preference for one or more of the passed cards, but is rather equivalent to the men's way of commenting on their overall day, such as:

"The shoppes disappointed me today, dear. Still last season's fashions."

or

"Darling, I had the most amazing day on the avenue!"

That way some information is passed without showing preference for one card or card above others.

(If I were playing a gentlemen, I'd interpret something like the first to mean for me to maybe pick out one decent item if I knew the wife still needed the category, then discard the rest. The second exclamation would have me buying what I could, putting everything else on layaway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls